Canyon Lake, Arizona. Photo by Peter Ray.
The Marathon Swimmers Federation develops standards and knowledge resources for unassisted-style solo marathon swimming.
- The LongSwims database is the world’s most comprehensive source of historical marathon swim results.
- The MSF Documented Swims program authenticates and ratifies independent marathon swims.
- The Marathon Swimmers Forum offers social networking and peer education to aspiring and experienced marathon swimmers. It is the world’s largest independent online community of open water swimmers.
- The Global Marathon Swimming Awards annually honors the most outstanding marathon swims and service contributions.
- The MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming defines swim rules and standards for marathon swims in any body of water.
- Mar 6: New Documented Swim: Dave Van Mouwerik - Round-Trip Angel Island.
- Feb 7: New Documented Swim: Sydne Didier - Around Culebra.
- Jan 5-9: Global Marathon Swimming Awards winners announced.
- Jan 2: New Documented Swim: Triskelion Relay - Isle of Man to Ireland.
- Dec 26: U.S. Marathon Swim calendar updated for 2018.
- Dec 17: New Documented Swim: Sarah Thomas - Grand Lake, Oklahoma.
- Dec 12: New Documented Swim: Sarah Thomas - Lake Champlain.
- Dec 8: Recognized World Solo Distance Records list published.
- Dec 6: New Documented Swim: Brian Lanahan - Around James Island, South Carolina.