After little more than a month, the Marathon Swimmers Forum is approaching 1,000 posts! In the interest of making all this content as accessible as possible, we’re now offering Email Digest Subscriptions.
- To receive a daily email containing all forum posts from the previous 24 hours, sign up here.
- To receive a weekly email containing links to all updated threads in the previous 7 days, sign up here.
If you use RSS, copy this address into your feed reader to subscribe to all new posts.
You do not have to be a member of the forum to subscribe via email or RSS. However, membership has its benefits: viewing member profiles, using the private messaging system, and participating in discussions.
Here are some of the highlights from the past week at the Forum:
- Farallon record-holder and marathon swimming hall-of-famer Ted Erikson comments on Joe Locke’s brave attempt.
- Lodging recommendations for English Channel swims and the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim.
- Bob Needham has heard that wetsuits help prevent chafing, while Donal Buckley suggests baby dolphin grease (if you can find it).
- A list of potential locations for completing 6-hour qualifying swims.
- Some creative tips for working out muscle knots in the upper back.
- An ingenius method for caching/hiding supplies during training swims.
Come on down! marathonswimmers.org