Have you checked out the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association web presence lately? I finally managed to wrangle the FTP credentials for the site, which had become outdated as our Association has grown. I recently put a solid weekend into “refreshing” the site — and, though the project is not finished, I’m pleased with the progress.
I’ll draw your attention to a few exciting new features:
- New live sea temperature data widget on the homepage.
- New “Latest News” section on the homepage.
- Greatly simplified navigation menu (all pages).
- Totally re-worked Swim Successes and Records page, which draws content from a Google spreadsheet for easier maintenance.
- Totally re-worked Conditions page, including a visualization of water temperature trends in the Anacapa Channel.
- New Live Conditions page, showing live water temp, wind, and surface currents in the Channel.
- New Live Tracking page, which – if a SBCSA swimmer is currently in the water – will show their SPOT GPS tracks.