I’ve written a variety of posts over the last few years on nutritional considerations in marathon swimming. Here they are in one place for your reference.
Series: The Art & Science of Marathon Swimming Nutrition
- Drink some carbs. Not too much. Some carbs are better than others.
- Osmolality and why it matters (guest post by Brandon Sullivan, PhD)
- Product Comparison
- Do-It-Yourself Drink Formula
On Recovery Drinks - includes a DIY powdered recovery drink recipe
On Maltodextrin - Maxim vs. Carbo Pro
Series: On Nutritional Science in Marathon Swimming
- What questions should we be asking?
- Swim efficiency and energy consumption
- Calories burned vs. Calories consumed