Since launching in March 2012, the Marathon Swimmers Forum has grown to 935 verified members who have contributed 13,195 comments in 796 discussion threads.
Of those 796 threads, the most popular by far (as measured by page-views) was the discussion of Diana Nyad’s purported swim from Cuba to Florida in September 2013.
The top 25 threads in the history of the Forum are as follows. Relative page views for each thread are shown (indexed to the Nyad thread = 100).
- 110 miles, 53 hours: Questions for Diana Nyad 
- Best Goggles for Open Water Swimming and Triathlon [34.6]
- 10km training schedule – 3 months out [11.1]
- Waterproof MP3 players for swimming [9.4]
- Diana Nyad’s Directional “Streamer” [7.9]
- USMS OW SANCTIONING [7.6]
- You might be an open water swimmer if … [6.1]
- Recommended Products [5.8]
- The Animal Set Thread [5.8]
- Swim Videos [5.2]
- training for a 5km swim [5.2]
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim 2013 
- What is an appropriate weekly mileage for completing marathon swims? [4.6]
- Sunscreen?! [4.5]
- Warming up after a cold water swim [4.3]
- Driven [4.2]
- Open Water Blogs [4.2]
- Diana Nyad’s epic swim 
- What type of Garmin is recommended for tracking distance and time of open water swims?