Looking for documentary 'team'

MikeHMikeH Member
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,
I'm working with a producer on a potential documentary or mini-series about open water swimming. We're looking for a small group of swimming, 3 or 4, that are active participants in open water swimming to potentially highlight. They should be between 25-35 in age, approximately. Looking for swimmers who are swimming for some greater cause and / or facing unusual challenges (i.e. more extreme than just an extreme swim itself). If you know of, or are in, a group of open water friends that fits this description, please let me know and we can connect further offline.

Apologies to our friends outside the US, but production realities mean US-based swimmers would be the most attractive for the project.

Thanks,
Mike Humphreys

Comments

• MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member
    Why '25-35 in age', this middle-aged slogger (but with good teeth and hair!) would like to know? ;-)
    AnthonyMcCarleyevmogregocphodgeszohoKatieBun
  • NoelFigartNoelFigart Lebanon, NHSenior Member
    *eyeroll* C'mon. If you're going to put it on film, they gotta be young and hot. Didn't you get the memo?
    gregocslknighttortuga
  • MikeHMikeH Member
    Sorry, no offense, I'm not in my 20s either :).
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    edited March 2015
    @MikeH, I think you'll find demographically that many OW swimmers are in the older age ranges. I have no science to back this, only anecdotal experience from swims. Doing a documentary only on 25-35 year old OW swimmers might be unrealistic or result in your getting a bunch of triathletes. ;)
    tortuga

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• jendutjendut Charter Member
    Niek wrote: »
    The 45+ have more money to spend.

My swimming distance increases in proportion to my children's ages (they are teenagers and I am over 45). I had more $ before I had them, so I have to disagree!