Call for Masters Swimmers to Participate in Research Study

jenschumacherjenschumacher Los Angeles, CAMember

Hi Forum! A friend of mine and sport psychology graduate student, Piper Marshburn, is conducting a survey of Masters swimmers for her masters thesis. If you are over 40 years old and participate in masters swimming, and are interested in furthering our field's understanding of the experiences of the masters swimming population, see her message below to participate. Thank you!

Hello there,

My name is Piper Marshburn and I am a sport psychology graduate student at Western Washington University. I am currently running a thesis study about masters athletes and would greatly appreciate your help. The purpose of this research is to explore the motivations of masters athletes in individual sports. The information gathered will hopefully gain insight on how the different types of motivation are most prevalent within masters athletes.​ The survey should only take about 5-10 minutes. If you think you qualify and are interested in taking this survey, please click on the link below. Thank you for your help!

http://surveys.wwu.edu/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=142436209917

Due to this grad student working on this survey for too many hours, I missed a few errors within the survey to keep in mind. Questions 8 and 9 say "corresponds a little bit," when it is meant to say, "corresponds a lot." The scale is numbered if that is easier to focus on. Questions 9 and 10 have an extra bubble at the beginning which are not set with a question (this will not effect the results in any manner, it just needs to be clicked to submit the survey). My apologies for these errors,

Thank you so much!

Piper

flystormsIronMike