I've got sand in my suit!

I'm serious. I have a pound of sand in my suit. In between the front panels. Gravity sends it all to the crotch. We're talking about a very large bulge of sand that won't come out by messing with it. We're talking Ken doll kind of bulge, and I am not a guy. Something about the endurance material allows sand in... but not out. Do you know what I am talking about? I can cut the panel open, but it I imagine it is sewn shut for a reason. Has anyone had this experience and been able to get the sand out?

Comments

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

Sorry, I've never had the problem as I swim mostly in stoney locations and generally wear unlined suits. I hope you find a cure. :))

ttriven
  • TimDexTimDex Member

How about swimming feet first for a stretch? Sorry, I couldnt resist :)

Most of us of the stupider sex would welcome a little something extra there rather than the extra I have around my middle. Hope you find a sensible cure!

flystorms
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member
    edited June 2015

Maybe someone in a swim shop or one of the swim gear websites could help?

Just ignore the wise guys! :p

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

I think that happened to me as a kid when I went body surfing in Hawaii on vacation. I had sand in so many places...

Seriously, I'd slit the liner open somewhere so you could rinse the sand out.

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

@ttriven. Seriously - embrace it and use the suit for training...extra drag.

kipariz
  • ttriventtriven Senior Member

Extra drag is a good idea. Right now the suit is kind of like a deadly weapon - like a sock with a brick in it. I actually had a dream about it last night. There was a hole in the lining that I hadn't noticed before. So when I woke up this morning I went to go look again. No hole, but I think I will just open the lining and rinse it out.

dpm50
  • wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

I was thinking that you could use it for self defense.

dpm50

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• JenAJenA Charter Member
    edited June 2015

We're missing important questions, here. Is it performance-enhancing sand? Does it offer thermal or streamlining advantages? ;-)

I'd contact the manufacturer. They tend to be interested in this sort of thing.

dpm50