Any Interest in a West Coast "Champion of Champions" in San Francisco?

2»

Comments

• Just bumping as it's coming up this weekend.
    We are "off the beach" so bring warm stuff.
    Water is 63F at the moment but it looks as if it might rain on Wed. That could make it warmer..
    I'll have fresh bread, butter , honey and jam ( and nutella). Suzanne HB has donated gu. I have two large hot water containers. There's a starbucks up the street, as well as North Point Cafe. If it looks as if it might rain , I'll try and scare up a cover.
    Course TBD the day of, it's an honor system as to following it.
    There WILL be timers..
    if you want to be on a relay let me know soon or I'll figure it out the day of.
    Pretty much UN supported and ALL in the cove.
    I've spent about $100 bucks so far. If so inclined there will be a jar ( or a cap?) for reimbursement.
    I will also have extra caps . NO WHITE CAPS NO BLACK CAPS bright colors please.

IronMikeloneswimmer
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

Congratulations @suziedods on a successful, well-attended, and well-enjoyed inaugural San Francisco Champion of Champions swim!

swimmers

malinakaIronMikedc_in_sfloneswimmerSwimmersuzgregocTheoswimfreeordie
  • It went off pretty well. We had a gorgeous day, fab people and super tough swimmers.
    We had people from VT, OR, CA, NE, IN and CA.
    The 3 mile course ended up being tougher as we decided to switch directions. ( dumb)
    It actually could be done from the clubs as a regular training swim type thing.
    I thank every one who put something in the kitty.
    Most people followed directions :) and we finished off the day with burgers !
    The guy in the picture with the white cap? No idea who he is, as I specifically said no white caps but mainly it was fun to hang around and talk to people. HUGE thanks to my sister , Laura and my niece Katie for picking up the organizational pieces that I dropped.Thanks also to Marissa and her sister Eliz and Michelle Cherrick for organizational help and for the every amazing Suzanne H-B for her indominitable spirit and continued support.
    Thanks @ evmo for showing up and posting the picture as well.
    A couple of tweaks and we could even run it as a competition but I like the camaraderie of it the way it is.

gregocdc_in_sfloneswimmerIronMike
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

Sorry I missed it but I had to watch the Wallabies in the Rugby World Cup or my citizenship would have been revoked. In retrospect the swim may have been a better choice.

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer