Aqueous words and phrases

I stole this from the Dolphin Club list serve.. Several words are apropros to anyone who swims , or rides in boats...

*The nelipots made their way down Jefferson Street toward the Lovely Martha. _nelipot _- Someone who is walking without shoes

In latrinalia, they whined about the early hour and lack of hot coffee. latrinalia - Using words fit for a restroom wall

“I’m no homichlophobic,” said Micky “I’m just no fan of the curglaff.” _homichlophobia _- A fear of fog _curglaff _- The shock felt when entering cold water

“Don’t get catapedaphobic Micky,” said Byron “We’ve pulled off this utlesse many times before.” catapedaphobia _- A fear of jumping from a high (or low) place _utlesse - An escape from prison

“I’m digging the fluctisonant surf,” said an ulotrichous John.
fluctisonant - Having the sound of rolling waves ulotrichous - Having very wooly hair

The swimmers pulled off the Alcatraz swim without a single case of naupathia, but their joy was short lived when they realized an invasion of balnearii had left them without dry clothes. naupathia - Sea sickness _balnearii _- People who steal clothing from public baths

NoelFigart

Looking for the next big thing.. ... @suzieswimcoach www.suziedodsswimcoaching.com

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike BostonCharter Member

Holy crap. I am a serious logophile and those are all new to me. Thank you!

Please join the Lake Issyk Kul Swimming Federation on FB!

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

Poetry too?

Lifeguards wear red, Pool water is blue, Your stroke looks horrible, We've got swimming lessons for you!

malinakaSolo

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.