How to have a bad season!

andissandiss Senior Member
edited April 2016 in General Discussion

Fairly easy work if you are a full time working father of 4 year old twins, that commutes 1h each way every day.

First of all you need to have a pool that only opens at 0700 Monday/Wednesday/Friday and are only open late on Tuesday and Thursday. Which days they also have the local triathlon club training.

Secondly go back to university and start a masters, this will eat all time spare time you thought you had.

Thirdly - do your LCL in - so you cant even kick - out for 6 weeks,

Fourthly - re-sprain the LCL so you are out again for 3 weeks

Luckily i have passed all my courses, only thesis left to do and the evenings are brighter and the sea is getting slowly warmer!!!

Anyone can top this? I bet you can!

Comments

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

Getting hit by a car will ruin your season.

I got clobbered by an inattentive driver who was making a high speed, (unsignaled) left turn while biking home from work 8 years ago. I still have neck/back/hip pain from that. Some idiot nearly ran me over in a crosswalk last Saturday, then she cussed me out and sped away. A guy who witnessed it said "did she really just cuss you out?" Yeah, she did.

Be careful out there!

Solo

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• rosemarymintrosemarymint Charleston, SCCharter Member

Develop a repetitive stress injury to your elbow just after your last swim of the season, have your community trashed by a hurricane (including your pool,) become so work-focused because of said hurricane you never get to swim once your elbow is better, then start a dual masters program that's a 2.5 hour drive from home (while still working), then quit to go to school full time (but still commuting) then move and two weeks after the move have major shoulder reconstruction. That covers 2013 and 2014. 2015 was all about building up to a 5K and this year is about building up to a 5 miler. Have one more full year of school to go!

• NoelFigartNoelFigart Lebanon, NHSenior Member

Naw, kinda can't. Don't want to, either! Sorry you've got it so rough.

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

Back surgery #9 in a few weeks/months. For me, it's called "How to Have a Bad Decade". Haven't quit yet.........

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

So glad I can't compete in this thread. /fingers crossed/

andissSydneD

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• ..having hip replacement surgeries a few years apart, recovering from that and sawing off four fingers with a radial arm saw. Now everything is back together and I'm swimming, but I have gotten a tad cautious and much more appreciative of the good days.

andissSolo
  • ChickenOSeaChickenOSea Charter Member

Bad car accident. Pulverized ankle. 2 surgeries so far and at least another one to come.
    Can hardly walk, but at least I can swim!!! Very very happy about that

Kate_AlexanderandissSolo