Kingdom Swim 2016

bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

Truly a beginner question for those of you who've done the Kingdom swims. I've never been to Vermont. Which is the closest airport to fly into? Burlington? Thanks!

Comments

• ChickenOSeaChickenOSea Charter Member

Burlington is close, but I always find it cheaper to fly into Manchester, NH, and drive up. It's about a 3 hour drive and really beautiful. Also, Montreal is even closer, but the airfares from Chicago have always been cheapest to Manchester or Boston.

bluemermaid9
  • Kevin_in_MDKevin_in_MD Senior Member

Been there many times and at least on Southwest the flight to manchester is cheaper than the one to portland, ME. Obviously don't know if you're in a Southwest city. If you can make it work and have kids, do the thursday night cruise - mine loved it.

bluemermaid9
  • bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

Thank you, @ChickenOSea and @Kevin_in_MD !

• gregocgregoc Charter Member

Fly into Boston. It is only a 4 hour drive and there are usually people headed up there from Boston.

bluemermaid9
  • NoelFigartNoelFigart Lebanon, NHSenior Member

I live near there (Lebanon, NH)

Boston or Manchester are both good airports to fly into, but Manchester would be slightly closer.

bluemermaid9
  • lakespraylakespray Senior Member

When I did this swim two years ago I created a little mini spread sheet to evaluate the cost of going into the various locations Manchester, Burlington, Boston even Montreal. I'm from Denver, Colorado. I also built in a preference for non stop flights as I personally don't like changing planes. In addition to that I considered car rental in the budget. I ultimately chose Boston, overall in was least expensive, at the time, car rental was substantially lower out of Boston, plus I had the choice of several non stop flights to fit my schedule. I made a mini vacation out it, flew into Boston on July 4th, the race that year was on July 6th. Caught the famous 4th of July fireworks over the Charles River and then the next day made the drive to Vermont. FYI, once you get past Manchester it's a beautiful drive.

NoelFigartgregocFlowSwimmersbluemermaid9
  • bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

Thank you, all!