Q2 SWAG, SWAG, SWAG!

AnthonyMcCarleyAnthonyMcCarley Berwyn, PACharter Member
edited February 2019 in General Discussion

Dear Forum Member,

Exciting news... and something we can all agree on… my IQ test results continue directionally downward… we are expanding our merchandise offerings this quarter.

Swim Caps! Swim Hats! Yes, MSF swim caps/hats are available this quarter. The MSF logo will be printed on both sides. Or, for people like @DanSimonelli on the front and back. (Wait a second, that wasn’t nice!)

Polo Shirts! Yes, Tasteful dinner or, if you are @david_barra , traffic court attire. There will be a small, sophisticated MSF logo embroidered on the front (nothing on the back).

T-Shirts! Yes, T-Shirts too! Because we are adding the complexity of new types of swag this quarter, we’re going simple on the t-shirts. One color choice and short sleeve with a small logo on the front and a large logo on the back. But it is a cool color choice – the logo inverted to white on Navy. For those of us who plan to be “collectors”, please know they will be stamped with the new Series Number and Quarter Number. Yes, @suziedods, the next number is “2”. (Hey, that wasn’t nice either.)

Please use this link to see images of the swag and to order:

http://marathonswimmers.org/store

Ordering closes on May 31st - no exceptions. We plan to ship before the end of June.

Please note that this is not a permanent expansion of merchandise offerings. If you want a cap/hat or a polo shirt, please don’t wait.

We had several hiccups with the first set of shirts and I expect to have even more hiccups with more options… so, thank you to all of you who were nice and smiled through the hiccups and I thank you in advance for understanding that there will be hiccups again. (And, yes, I still haven’t figured out a better shipping option for those outside the US. But please know that it is on the list.)

Anthony

Tagged:
slknightDeemaevmossthomasgregocJenAsuziedodsdavid_barraDanSimonelliSolodpm50bluemermaid9loneswimmer

Comments

• NoelFigartNoelFigart Lebanon, NHSenior Member

Silicone caps.

Bless you. Can't stand the latex ones.

JenAevmo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited May 2016

Just a quick note on international shipping - the rates are actually somewhat reasonable for shipping swim caps, especially multiple quantities.

Thank you, Anthony!

JenADanSimonellidpm50AnthonyMcCarley
  • swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

Just ordered a shirt. Any plans to slap the logo on to a round (bumper) sticker?

ChrisgreenegregocrosemarymintAnthonyMcCarley
  • DanSimonelliDanSimonelli San Diego CASenior Member

Or swim bag tags?

ChrisgreenerosemarymintAnthonyMcCarleyJenA

@AnthonyMcCarley
    :P >:) =)) 8-} >:P

dpm50AnthonyMcCarley
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Oh hells yeah! Ordered

AnthonyMcCarley

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• AnthonyMcCarleyAnthonyMcCarley Berwyn, PACharter Member
    edited May 2016

@swimmer25k , @DanSimonelli , There is a long list of requested and potential items. Trying to walk before running - since doing this kind of work is not my area of expertise. Having a hard time deciding on priorities, but I hope offering caps/hats and polo shirts this quarter at least demonstrates a willingness to listen to requests and expand offerings. Hope to keep offering new items in future quarters.

@swimmer25k, Would you prefer a magnet?

@DanSimonelli, This is going to show that I am not a real swimmer... what is a swim bag tag? Same as a luggage tag?

All, If you have other merchandise ideas, please share!

IronMikedpm50
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member
    edited May 2016

Just ordered a cap! LOVE the t-shirt... unfortunately, the weather's been a bit chilly so it never gets seen in its full glory. But will have that cap on for swim practice and ALL my teammates WILL see it! :D ... Which means the pressure is ON!

evmoAnthonyMcCarley
  • JenAJenA Charter Member

I'd love water bottles. Not the leaky kind that are meant to be kept upright in a bottle cage on a bike, but throw-it-in-the-ocean-on-a-rope water bottles. :)

They'd need to have a skinny middle to be easily attached to the rope without duct tape and/or pressure on the bottle itself. (I know many people loop rope through the lid, but it makes it easier for the lid to get yanked off in heavy waves.) Oh, and it would be great if there were millilitre markings on the side. :-) Dishwasher safe? Possibly some sort of "join us!" language so people who spot said waterbottles at the end of a lane feel welcomed and can easily get more information?

mjstaplesIronMikeevmoAnthonyMcCarleybluemermaid9dpm50Kate_Alexander

AnthonyMcCarley said:
    @DanSimonelli,

what is a swim bag tag? Same as a luggage tag?

Yes, kinda like luggage tag.
    Probably come up in search "swim bag tag".

Since you're looking at adding different kinds of merch, instead of doing it one by one, you may want to check into sites such as Cafe Press or Zazzle.

From my experience, their clothing has been sub par, but any other item in the universe that you can think to slap a logo on is there and easy to order.

evmoAnthonyMcCarley

Definitely a round magnet of the MSF logo for the car, or "swim taxi" as my daughters used to call it.

evmoAnthonyMcCarleyNoelFigartgregocdpm50SydneD

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member
    edited May 2016

@AnthonyMcCarley said: @swimmer25k, Would you prefer a magnet?

I'm not a fan of car magnets because dirt gets under them and scratches paint. I'd like to slap a label on my kayak and cop gear.

AnthonyMcCarleyDanSimonelli
  • swimrn62swimrn62 Stowe, VTSenior Member

Bumperstickers?

AnthonyMcCarleysuziedods
    edited May 2016

Dear MSF’er,

Just a friendly reminder that the ordering window for caps/hats, polo shirts and Series Two t-shirts closes on May 31st. (Hate to be a grump about it, but no exceptions. Just to be nice, we made one exception last quarter and it turned into a goat rodeo. Never again.) In fact, if you plan on purchasing something, for the sake of planning, it would be appreciated if you ordered sooner rather than later.

And… if you want a MSF polo shirt, you may want to consider ordering more than one. Based on orders so far, it may be a long time before polo shirts are offered again.

Cheers, Anthony

P.S. Positive thoughts for Steve Munatones and everyone else who needs help.

Did you hear about the person who swam the EC yesterday? Wow.

Did you check out @evmo 's new tracking software? Very cool.

thelittlemerwookiedpm50evmopavlicovslknightChrisgreenesuziedodsrlm
  • suziedodssuziedods Mem​ber

Bumper stickers that say something like.. 26.2 SWIM... just like those one's that say 13.1.. or whatever...
    @AnthonyMcCarley , thank you for handling this goat rodeo...

dpm50AnthonyMcCarleySydneD
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited February 2019

We made the logos on the polos a little smaller - see here:
    http://marathonswimmers.org/store/

Again, the logos will be embroidered so will look different (hopefully better) than the mock-up.

Edit: If any of the very select few who have already ordered polos actually want the larger logo, please PM me. Based on some feedback, the idea is that the smaller logo would be an improvement.

AnthonyMcCarleyIronMike
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

Awesome! The smaller logo definitely works better!

AnthonyMcCarleyevmo

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

Sorry everyone for the repetitive posts, but one more reminder so that I don’t feel guilty for saying “no” to anyone who wants to order after the deadline:

Last day to order is tomorrow… pick your time zone.

evmoTheo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

The order window has closed for t-shirts and polos.

Swim cap (hat) orders will remain open for a little while longer. We made a round-number bulk order and will sell them 'til they're gone. $10 + shipping.

Cheers to everyone who got their Q2 MSF swag! The support makes a difference, and is appreciated.

IronMike

@AnthonyMcCarley, can you confirm items were shipped? I'm hoping my gear will arrive in time to wear for my Issyk Kul swim. ;)

I can confirm the shirts were shipped earlier this week...

IronMike
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

I got my polo :)

Nice quality, though I will say it runs a tad larger than I would have expected. I tend to be L->XL in most brands and the L is definitely a "relaxed" fit :-)

polo

evmoIronMikeAnthonyMcCarleydpm50

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

Darn it...missed the order date. Should have been in MSF circulation a bit more.

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

Reppin' the brand at Green Lake OWS this morning.
    IMG_1551_edited-1

AnthonyMcCarleyHelbedpm50

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

And the logo looks good from the front too, with the double golds. That's my little buddy P-Wally, future marathon swimmer. At 9, he was too young to swim the races today, but it probably won't be long before he's beating the stuffing out of me.
    IMG_1624_edited-1

AnthonyMcCarleydpm50

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

w00t! Got my polo and t-shirt.

But no caps. Were the caps sent separately?

• ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

IronMike said:
    w00t! Got my polo and t-shirt.

But no caps. Were the caps sent separately?

They did, I got my cap about a week or so after T and Polo

IronMike

OK, thanks @Chrisgreene!

@IronMike,
    Sorry for the slow reply (been a little busy with a small swim). Yes, shipped separately. (Shirts come directly from the producer.)

Hope you are ready for Q3 - we have some exciting stuff to announce!

rosemarymint

AnthonyMcCarley said:
    @IronMike,
    Sorry for the slow reply (been a little busy with a small swim). Yes, shipped separately. (Shirts come directly from the producer.)

Hope you are ready for Q3 - we have some exciting stuff to announce!

Absolutely understand! No problem.

And looking forward to Q3, definitely.

Got my caps! Thanks all!

Chrisgreene

The shirt looks especially good when you add a cat.

bluemermaid9rosemarymint

• Sarah4140Sarah4140 DenverMember

evmo said:
    The order window has closed for t-shirts and polos.

Swim cap (hat) orders will remain open for a little while longer. We made a round-number bulk order and will sell them 'til they're gone. $10 + shipping.

Cheers to everyone who got their Q2 MSF swag! The support makes a difference, and is appreciated.

Wondering if there are any caps left? Thanks!

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited February 2019

Yes! In two colors!

http://marathonswimmers.org/store

• You didn't realize you were selling doll blankets:

pavlicovTheojbsAnthonyMcCarley