Swim Ocean City July, 16, 2016

FrancoFranco Chestertown, MDCharter Member

If you are looking to get in a swim on the East Coast there are still spots available for this swim. Distances of 1, 3 and 9 miles. There are separate categories for suits and skins in the 9 mile but most were skins last year. The 9 mile usually has around 25 +/- swimmers which is a great number for this type of event. Small enough to feel friendly but large enough so you aren't all alone out there. It was a fairly easy swim last year but first two years were pretty challenging. You never know what you will get from the ocean that day.

@Corey is a great host and inspiring individual. I will be back for fourth consecutive 9 miler and hope to see some of you there swimming and supporting this great charity.
http://www.oceangamesusa.org/

IronMikebluemermaid9klassman

Comments

• klassmanklassman VirginiaMember

I did this swim last year. It was my first ocean swim beyond 2.4 miles -- although I had done the GCBS several times -- and really got me hooked. I did my second marathon swim early this month in Key West. Tremendous community built around the event. I'm looking forward to going back next month.

tortugaFranco
  • tortugatortuga Senior Member

Fun and well run event -- recommended

Franco