MSF swim caps - new color

evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
edited October 17 in General Discussion

We're now offering MSF swim caps (hats) in two colors: bright yellow and metallic gold.

Order at https://store.marathonswimmers.org

dpm50
Tagged:

Comments

• j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

OMG they are 'Designed to provide protection from damaging chlorine and increased speed.' Is this the secret to swimming fast that i've been missing all these years? If i had only worn one for stages 3 and 4 I might have beat the tide. But you know i love the drama of an epic battle at the end...i guess i don't really want one :)

suziedodsdpm50evmoSydneD
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

My cap came today, just in time for tomorrow's 3 hr swim practice! You know I'd better hold my form and dig deep! Metallic gold means you can't blend into the crowd! I look forward to wearing this cap proudly! Thanks, @evmo !

evmo
  • SydneDSydneD Senior Member

Love my new caps! My next request? Sweatshirts! Because I'm one of those always cold kinda swimmers.

dpm50IronMike
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

OMG! You didn't tell me those caps were magic! Wore the cap yesterday and did my longest swim this year (not by the standards of more experienced marathon swimmers, but I'm still moving into this distance swimming....),10 thousand meters. Then wore the cap today, did a short 2200m swim practice, a bit of running/walking/yoga.... and another 2000m open water. (I didn't wear the cap for land stuff. Maybe it would have led to a longer run....) ;)

7/22: Great South Bay SwI'm 9/2 Valley Forge Marathon Swim This time, I want to finish all 8 miles. Made it to 7 last year.

Now, if you start selling MSF swimsuits, I'm in! If just the cap did what it did, imagine if I added a suit w your logo. I could be dangerous!

....Maybe consider goggles. .... :)

dpm50 said: My cap came today, just in time for tomorrow's 3 hr swim practice! You know I'd better hold my form and dig deep! Metallic gold means you can't blend into the crowd! I look forward to wearing this cap proudly! Thanks, @evmo !

SoloNoelFigartIronMikeSydneD
  • ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

Wore mine for the first time today during my first swim in Aquatic Park; it was majical!

dpm50NoelFigartJaimie
  • bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesMember

Bright yellow rocks!

• evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    edited October 18

The lineup of MSF silicone swim caps had expanded to a third color - dark blue with white print. Not advised for open water (visibility) but great for pool swimming.

To purchase, head to the MSF Store.

IronMikeCopelj26MaryStelladpm50Jaimie