Research update

KarenTKarenT Charter Member
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Dear all,
I just wanted to post a quick update about my swimming research project - I know there are lots of people visiting these forums who have participated in various ways, and I don't want you to think that I've just grabbed my data and run. Basically, since finishing the fieldwork in Sept 2011, I've been burrowing through the mountains of data and have started writing up and presenting the research. At the moment, this is mostly in academic contexts in order to meet the immediate demands of my funders / employers etc, but I'm also starting to work on other ways of communicating the findings - including a magazine-style publication that will be out by December. I'm also starting work on the book from the project at the end of the summer - all suggestions for titles greatly received!

You can find a fuller update on what I've been up to on my blog (www.thelongswim.blogspot.com). Alternatively, the research website (www.warwick.ac.uk/go/channelswimmer) has more details, including links to audio and video podcasts of presentations that I've given, plus the library of resources for swimmers. Do get in touch if you have any suggestions / comments about ways I could share the findings, or about any other aspect of the project.

And in the mean time, I've got everything crossed for all of those swimming this year, and I'm thinking good weather thoughts! No big swims for me this year, but I am planning to live vicariously through everyone else's, so happy swimming!

Best wishes
Karen