Swim Fort De Soto 2017, St. Petersburg, FL, registration is open

Swim Fort De Soto 2017 registration is OPEN! This is a 10k+ swim around the island. Race day is Saturday, October 28. For details and to register, go to: https://www.swimwithoutlimits.com/open-water-races.html.

DSC_0530 copy

DSC_0565 copy

bluemermaid9IronMike

Comments

• This looks amazing, has anyone done this swim before?

• JayJay Outside Boston, MAMember

I did it last year - was held the first Saturday in November. I can't say it's unusual since I only did it once - but, there was one part of the event about 1/4 of the way through where the water was extremely shallow. I had to go out further to keep from hitting the sand as did several other swimmers (and I'm only 5'8"). And the second half of the swim, pretty much one long straight shot) was very windy and choppy - several kayaks turned over (one tipped more than once, and the kayaker gave up and swam to shore!). I'd say the second half took me at least a half hour longer than the first half, and I usually swim pretty consistent pace. I'd do it again though - beautiful course, situated within a huge park and the weather was perfect.

• JayJay Outside Boston, MAMember

...and the food was terrific!

• swimrn62swimrn62 Stowe, VTSenior Member

I really enjoyed this swim last year, Fort De Soto Park is gorgeous, the water temp was perfect and the event was very well organized. And yes, the food was good and plentiful.

• Swim Around Fort De Soto is now part of the Global Swim Series (GSS) and takes place in St. Petersburg, FL on October 28. This is a beautiful 10k+ swim in a great park. Solo, 2-person, and 3-person relay teams can enter. For more information about the race and to register, click here.