Thanks!

allanl16allanl16 Miami, FloridaMember

Yesterday I finished my first marathon swim (Swim Around Key West 12.5 mi) and I wanted to give a tremendous thanks to the forum (+loneswimmer's blog) for being such a priceless resource. Mentally, it was the most difficult thing I've ever completed and I honestly don't think I would have been prepared if it wasn't for you all. Thank you for answering all my questions with great detail and being such a phenomenal community in general. Keep on swimming!

Tagged:
rlmslknightJustinevmoSpacemanspiffIronMikeSolocurlywendyv34JustSwimflystormsMoCotortugaSydneDdpm50Superfishwestius

Comments

• JustinJustin Baltimore, MDMember

Congrats Allan, how did you do and how did you feel? I thought the first two miles were rough but it got a lot better after Flemming bridge with the current, my arms and shoulders are still sore.

allanl16
  • allanl16allanl16 Miami, FloridaMember

Justin said:
    Congrats Allan, how did you do and how did you feel? I thought the first two miles were rough but it got a lot better after Flemming bridge with the current, my arms and shoulders are still sore.

Thanks Justin, you too! The first 2 miles were extremely brutal. I was being tossed around and even saw a kayaker flip over. If I had any doubts whether I could finish the race it was definitely during those first few miles.

My abs are really sore and I strained my left shoulder but it was all worth it!

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Congrats! That's quite an epic marathon for your first. Welcome to the obsession!

allanl16

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• flystormsflystorms Memphis, TNSenior Member

Great job. That's a fun event. The times were wicked fast this weekend too.

allanl16
  • JaimieJaimie NYCMem​ber

Congrats @allanl16 ! This was my first swim over 10k too and still one of my mentally tougher swims I think so huge kudos on pushing through and wish you many many wonderful swims ahead!

allanl16

Jaimie said:
    Congrats @allanl16 ! This was my first swim over 10k too and still one of my mentally tougher swims I think so huge kudos on pushing through and wish you many many wonderful swims ahead!

Way to go! You too!

Jaimie
  • msathletemsathlete Victoria, British Colubia, CanadaMember

How fabulous. Congratulations to you!

allanl16
    edited June 2017

msathlete said:
    How fabulous. Congratulations to you!

Thank you so much!