Viking Tahoe Swim

ReptileReptile Lake TahoeMember
edited July 10 in General Discussion

Yesterday I had to pleasure to pilot the second swim of the year in Tahoe. Gary O'Grady swam From Cave Rock to Emerald Bay (to the Vikingsholm). 7h 23m31s. This was the 10th anniversary of the swim. Tom Linthicum (that's me) swam the first one back July 5th 2007. It took me 8 hours. I'm super proud to have been part of Gary's swim. He is a fellow South End Rowing Club member.

I'm also super proud of another South End member, Robin Rose, who swam the length of Tahoe 16h01m. She swam the Viking twice, the English Channel and more to prepare!

2017 swim season is going to be Great! Give me a call anytime if you want a Tahoe update I will be spending time with the Ghost Rider (my boat)!

I want to thank the crew of Robin's team Kim Rutherford, Jack Rose, Cathy Harrington. The crew for Gary's swim Stacy O'Grady, Van Cornwell .

For tracking support Evan Morrison, For swim documentation preparation Dave Van Mouwerik, Scott Tapley.

CathyInCAevmobluemermaid9IronMikeSharko

Best Regards,

Tom Linthicum Lake Tahoe Marathon Swim Federation 925-787-8291

Tagged:

Comments

• CathyInCACathyInCA Member

Such a beautiful place to swim! Water is warming up too!!

• evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin

Will there be an authoritative list of Viking-route Tahoe swimmers at some point? The first being @Reptile of course!

CathyInCAIronMike