OWS in the Azores

JayJay Outside Boston, MAMember

Has anyone ever gone to the Azores for OWS? My Google searches pull up limited (and often old) information. The islands look like a great place to swim, but I have no idea if there is any info out there that can help me determine if it is a place to try. Being from Boston, there's a direct flight so it's got that going for it. Any info would be helpful - thanks.

Comments

• nitronitro Madeira IslandMember

Dear Jay
    Last weekend some friends tried to swim 40 kms between islands in Azores.
    In this moment I am in Madeira Island, trainning for World Masters Champ, but I will ask my friends if there is some event shortly.
    Very soon there will have a blog on OWS site regarding events in this islands (Madeira and Azores).

JayJaimie
  • JaimieJaimie NYCMem​ber
    edited July 2017

This is awesome - I was just looking at photos of these beautiful islands a few weeks ago, measuring the distance around islands and daydreaming. Thanks @nitro for any info you can share!

Dear Jay
    Thank you very much for your message.
    There will be a swim marathon next 4 th August between the Island of Faial e Pico.
    All the best!

Jay

Dear Jaimie. Thank you very much for your message. There will be a swim marathon next 4 th August between the Island of Faial e Pico. All the best!

Dear Friends

You can ask more details by email: secretariado@cnhorta.org

I am just a swimmer, not a member of the organization...

Do it ASAP if you want take a good swin :) :) :)

All the best !!!

Jaimie said:
    This is awesome - I was just looking at photos of these beautiful islands a few weeks ago, measuring the distance around islands and daydreaming. Thanks @nitro for any info you can share!

Jay said:
    Has anyone ever gone to the Azores for OWS? My Google searches pull up limited (and often old) information. The islands look like a great place to swim, but I have no idea if there is any info out there that can help me determine if it is a place to try. Being from Boston, there's a direct flight so it's got that going for it. Any info would be helpful - thanks.

Jay