The 10 Best Places to Swim in the World, According to Me

swimrn62swimrn62 NY, NYMember
edited August 2017 in General Discussion

(me, being Loudon Wainwright III). A few familiar places mentioned.

• j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

nice list but i would also have to add, Lake George, NE Kingdom Lakes, and may favorite waters....The Hudson River. Is the photo in the article @david_barra...the form looks familiar

• rosemarymintrosemarymint Charleston, SCCharter Member

I love the comments on this article, saying that all of those places he listed were simply dreadful. Guess some people don't like cold water :-)

• suziedodssuziedods Charter Member

I emailed him and invited him to the 24Hour.

Looking for the next big thing.. ... @suzieswimcoach

• FrancoFranco Charter Member

Love LW3. Thanks for sharing.

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road Cove.

• JaimieJaimie NYCCharter Member

Love this - thanks for posting @swimrn62 !

I've only swum at 2 of these and I have to say @rosemarymint Waccabuc was my least favorite place when I was a teen/tween - it was the only lake pool in our summer swim league and I was weirdly afraid at the idea of touching a fish! I had no idea about the rock though, would love to jump off of it. :)

• SuperfishSuperfish St. John US Virgin IslandsMember

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I believe the best parts to see here are under the water. (Yes, you can see beautiful fish and coral in the water while you swim! how cool is that!)

I realize I don't drink water that is as cold as you all swim in, but I drive by this place every day on my way home from work.

Really, be honest now... wouldn't you jump in?!

• flystormsflystorms Memphis, TNMember

I'm with you, Superfish. Anything under about 75 and I'm a shivering mess. I love all the warm, clear waters in the Caribbean. :)

• SydneDSydneD Senior Member

I'm going to confess that I found this list totally meh. Nothing about it made me want to swim in these places.

But then, that's what I love about this swimming craziness. People love their water for reasons that are completely and totally their own. (And give me the clear blue waters of the Caribbean any day...)

• SuperfishSuperfish St. John US Virgin IslandsMember

The pic from my post didn't make it, so I am trying again! My apologies if there isn't a picture in this post!! Swam there today and was spectacular. Millions of small baitfish, >20 4-5 foot tarpon cruising through, two nurse sharks, green and hawksbill turtles, stingrays, corals, loads of tropical fish..... Just another day in Maho Bay.

I do admire all of you that excel in the northern latitude swims. You all are amazing!

• suziedods said: I emailed him and invited him to the 24Hour.

Maybe he would be willing to play music too!