2018 MSF Photo Calendar submissions

evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
edited October 4 in General Discussion

It's that time of year again!

We're accepting submissions for the annual MSF Photo Calendar. The submission page is here:

http://submit.marathonswimmers.org

As in prior years:

• Please submit only your own photos, or photos you have been given permission to submit by the person who took it.
  • Please submit the original, full-resolution image, minimum 1200-pixel width.
  • The photographer retains ownership and copyright of any submitted images. You are providing limited permission to MSF to use the image in the calendar, on the front page of marathonswimmers.org, and the MSF facebook page.
  • MSF cannot provide financial compensation for the use of any photos. However, owners of any images selected for the final calendar will receive a free copy of the calendar, and name recognition below the printed photo.
  • Photos should be recognizably about some aspect of swimming (i.e., not just pure landscape).
  • Photos of swimmers' arms will only be selected if they are truly extraordinary - because everyone submits photos of swimmers' arms.

Links to 2016 and 2017 calendars:

Thank you! Any questions, post 'em here.

IronMikeCopelj26NiekMoCo
Tagged:

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Moscow, RussiaCharter Member
    edited October 4

@evmo, I tried twice to upload a picture (2614KB and 4032 x 3024 pixels) and keep getting this in read in the bar below the browse box:

• ForeverSwimForeverSwim Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaCharter Member
    edited October 4

@evmo Yes, I tried as well, and the bottom half of the screen turns grey and won't let me submit

www.darren-miller.com Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

• evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    edited October 4

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I'd tested it, but apparently not enough.

The issue should be fixed now.

If you still have trouble with the form, feel free to email it to me: evan at marathonswimmers dot org .... please include image attachment, name of photog, and a caption.

Already 10 submissions this morning -- cheers!

IronMikeForeverSwimCathyInCA
  • VanMouVanMou San Luis Obispo, CASenior Member

@evmo, I bet you get many good photos that don't get selected. Maybe you are already doing this...and I am unaware, but it would be cool if you provided the many runners-up for each calendar year in a yearly gallery that could be viewed.

SolophodgeszohoNiekKate_AlexanderLynnkubbluemermaid9ssthomasKatieBunKellieKarl_KingeryCopelj26BridgetCathyInCA
  • evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    edited October 18

We've been getting some awesome submissions - thanks everyone!

If you plan to submit a photo, please do so by the end of the month, October 31. Cheers!

ssthomasCopelj26