SCAR SWIM 2018 - ARIZONA

KNicholasKNicholas ArizonaCharter Member

SCAR 2018 ADVERT

Insider's view through the eyes (red, blurred or otherwise) of open water swimmer Stephen Key. http://swimfar.blogspot.com/2015/05/scar-swim-epilogue.html

Application at SCARSWIM.COM

Copelj26bluemermaid9SpacemanspiffTMcQueen

Comments

• Copelj26Copelj26 ChicagoMember

So very very tempting

KNicholasBridget
  • MpolMpol Toronto, Ontario, CanadaMember

I can't wait to try all 4 lakes in 2018!

KNicholasBridget
  • SpacemanspiffSpacemanspiff Dallas, TexasSenior Member

Insider's view through the eyes (red, blurred or otherwise) of open water swimmer Stephen Key. http://swimfar.blogspot.com/2015/05/scar-swim-epilogue.html

In the unlikely event someone actually reads my blog and then compounds their error by relying upon its contents, I would make one change to this epilogue: the training volume in that year was probably overkill. In 2016, my SCAR training volume was about half of 2015. My performance was nearly identical and I had less joint/tendon pain.

See you in 2018 @KNicholas !

KNicholaswendyv34ssthomasJustSwimTMcQueenAlex_ArevaloDanSimonelli

"Lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against Have brought be down upon my knees Oh I beg, I beg and plead..."

Registration opened this morning, get your spot while you still can! FullSizeRender (1)

JustSwimssthomaswendyv34pattydhKNicholasCathyInCABridgetcourtneypaulkflystorms

"Lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against Have brought be down upon my knees Oh I beg, I beg and plead..."

• KNicholasKNicholas ArizonaCharter Member

A very diverse and interesting group of applicants in the early stages of opening day at SCAR: Kazakhstan, Singapore, Mexico, Switzerland, Spain, Scotland and Canada. Wait list is currently in effect.

Marathon Swimmers Long Swims DB has been very useful in evaluating applicants for SCAR.
    Global Love SCAR

evmoCathyInCAwendyv34ForeverSwimBridget
  • evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin

KNicholas said: Marathon Swimmers Long Swims DB has been very useful in evaluating applicants for SCAR.

Haha, love it! Thanks Kent.

KNicholasdavid_barrawendyv34
  • suziedodssuziedods Charter Member

I just booked a 3 person room at Saguaro Lake. If I end up not using it ( hoping to go back as a volunteer) or if you need a bed for Tues /Wed night... ping me.

ssthomasCathyInCAwendyv34

Looking for the next big thing.. ... @suzieswimcoach www.suziedodsswimcoaching.com

• courtneypaulkcourtneypaulk Richmond, VirginiaMember

Spacemanspiff said: Registration opened this morning, get your spot while you still can!

YAY! Ready to race Saguaro again ;)

gregocwendyv34DanSimonellidccliff
  • KagemushaKagemusha Honolulu Member
    edited November 7

Invoice Paid.

AZ in April. Hoping for a warm spring.

Solowendyv34CathyInCA
  • @suziedods Hope to see your smiling face out there again! 10 minute feeds!!! I will never forget!! Still working on peeing horizontal :)

wendyv34
  • wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

Super excited to be going back! :x

bluemermaid9CathyInCA

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

courtneypaulk said:

Spacemanspiff said: Registration opened this morning, get your spot while you still can!

YAY! Ready to race Saguaro again ;)

Challenge..... Accepted. However, I note that you have taken your capacity for suffering to a whole new level since you broke me on the final "sprint" of Saguaro in 2015. Shouldn't you be doing a Liz Fry Double SCAR?

courtneypaulkgregoc