Dover Training

JbetleyJbetley UKMember
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
I am booked for a solo attempt in 2014, and plan on spending weekends from May 2014 in Dover building up the hours and acclimatising. Next year I would also like to do some training there too. What is the form re registering with the group, and is it OK to do it in half measures? I am planning Windermere next July.

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited October 2012
    The announcement (including paperwork) for the 2012 Dover training season is here:

http://www.marathonswimmers.org/forum/discussion/85/dover-training-season-starts-saturday-29th-details

So, I'd expect the info for the 2013 season to be released in April, but that it will be largely similar.

For future reference, there are a couple easy ways of finding the above thread, even though it was posted six months ago:

1. Search for the word 'Dover' in the box in the upper-right corner of the main Discussions page.

2. Click the 'english-channel' tag.
  • Thanks very much. I will keep a look out! Best - Jason
  • Jason have you joined the 'channel group' forum? If not send Nick Adams an email on n.adams@etoncollege.org.uk and he'll add you to the list. Details of Dover training and the upcoming season will be notified there first.
  • I have joined this group thanks!

Nick was very helpful.

Great to be part of the community!

Jason
  • ZoeSadlerZoeSadler Charter Member
    Hi Jason
    I will be training in Dover again from May 2013 and again from May 2014 so I am sure I will see you down there. (You will be popular if you bring cake!)
  • Hey Zoe,

I've read your blog on a successful 2012 EC season. Well done!
    I like cake a lot! And fry-ups. Not to mention beer and curry.
    The joy of heavy training and 'eating what the hell you want'!

Happy winter pool training.

Jason