Observer Database?

edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I'm in the VERY early stages of planning a long swim for myself for next fall. While the swim has been done before, and I'm not interested in any "records", I would still be interested in having the swim observed for conformance with rules. While I doubt there are a lot of observers in Louisiana or the Gulf coast of Texas, is there a list anywhere of eligible observers and their contact information?
Tagged:

Comments

• In this sort of situation where there's no governing body but you want a verifiable swim I think it would be passable to anoint someone trustworthy to be your swim's observer. Pick and declare your rules in advance and let this person hold you to them and keep an observer's log. That's basically my plan for a few swims I'm looking at in the near future although I'm lucky to live in California where I have access to people that observe for the Catalina and Santa Barbara Channel swim associations.
  • I might be available. I am in the greater Houston area and will make any excuse to head east.
  • @swimthegoodfight - I may end up taking you up on that. After some less than stellar experiences with my Mom serving as observer, she won't be on the crew for this one.