David Barra Eleuthera Swim

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited March 2013 in Cheering Section
This discussion was created from comments split from: What's your next swim?.

Comments

• david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• ZoeSadlerZoeSadler Charter Member

David looks to be making good progress on his swim today -twitter update just now "3:15 Dave is making his way past Plum Creek. Despite windy conditions, he is still at a strong pace. 8.5 hours in and only 5 miles left!"

I hope he doesn't bump into Lydia the GWS, who was last seen heading towards the Bahamas.

Good luck David!

Keeping on topic! My next planned "big" swim is 2-way Windermere on 20th August 2013. :O
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    ZoeSadler wrote:
    David looks to be making good progress on his swim today -twitter update just now "3:15 Dave is making his way past Plum Creek. Despite windy conditions, he is still at a strong pace. 8.5 hours in and only 5 miles left!"
    22 miles in 13:41:55. Nice swimmin', DB!
  • ForeverSwimForeverSwim Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaCharter Member
    Well done Dave!! CONGRATS!

www.darren-miller.com
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

We had an amazing experience. I will finish writing my recap/report and post it here shortly. I’m really excited about returning to Eleuthera next Dec. for another TI camp, and hopefully extending my stay to coach, guide and support some other long solo swims. I heard that there may be a free diving camp happening concurrently.... awesome!

• firebahfirebah Charter Member
    David rocks!

It looks like Clare and I will be returning to Eleuthera in March. Anyone interested in joining us there for a week of swimming and adventure.... And yes, weather permitting, perhaps an attempt to swim the 22 mile south Eleuthera coast.
    Email me.

• Oh baby! Can't make this but 2015 swim date in Italy!