The Animal Set Thread

13»

Comments

• suziedodssuziedods Member
    An "animal set' in my world has just be re-defined as "get as many yards in as possible in an hour next to the youth team that is practicing their diving for the BIG MEET." It was almost like being next to the breakwater in Aquatic Park when a tanker goes by....
    I love swimming
    www.suziedodsswimcoaching.com
  • IronMikeIronMike Bishkek, KyrgyzstanCharter Member
    suziedods said:

An "animal set' in my world has just be re-defined as "get as many yards in as possible in an hour next to the youth team that is practicing their diving for the BIG MEET." It was almost like being next to the breakwater in Aquatic Park when a tanker goes by....

Sounds like great rough water practice!

• I swim with a US team...I get different (distance) workouts about half the time and one of my coach's favorite things to do is give me a long distance set and the kids a long fly set. The pool is set up with lap lanes only every other lane (so the lanes are double wide...we swim like there are lanes every lane though...two sets of circle swimming). He'll stick the big fast teenage boy flyers...frequently in fins...in the same double lane with me and say "It's open water! Gotta get you ready for (*insert upcoming event/race*) Have fun!!" I can't grumble too much...even though when I'm in open water I'm not taking gulps of chlorinated water and trying to make an interval. He put me through a series of racing 500 free in these conditions too.
    Sounds crazy when I am describing it....but actually it is kinda fun....