English Channel Crossing Feb 2015

sharkbaitzasharkbaitza LondonMember
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Finally got a boat to agree to do a Feb crossing! Booked for Feb 2015!

Comments

  • NiekNiek Heiloo, NetherlandsCharter Member
    Care to explain why February?

    http://openwaterswimming.eu - Cold, wind, waves, sunburn, currents, jellyfish and flotsam! Hop in and join the fun!

  • sharkbaitzasharkbaitza LondonMember
    Well, it hasn't been done before. And because of the time of year, apparently the currents are more favourable.
  • JbetleyJbetley UKMember
    It's the very unusual, February only, 'West to East Superhighway', English Channel flow. Similar to the little encountered South to North 'supertravelator current' enjoyed 'just the once' between Cuba and Florida.
  • paulmpaulm Senior Member
    April's Fools joke ???....or a tougher swimmer than most :)
  • NiekNiek Heiloo, NetherlandsCharter Member
    edited April 2014
    Jbetley said:

    It's the very unusual, February only, 'West to East Superhighway', English Channel flow. Similar to the little encountered South to North 'supertravelator current' enjoyed 'just the once' between Cuba and Florida.

    Where does one start? Eastbourne to end in Dunkirk? ;)

    http://openwaterswimming.eu - Cold, wind, waves, sunburn, currents, jellyfish and flotsam! Hop in and join the fun!

  • sharkbaitzasharkbaitza LondonMember
    haha, you won't believe how many volunteers I had to crew this on my facebook page... lol... even I'm not fat enough to attempt this...
  • NiekNiek Heiloo, NetherlandsCharter Member
    Facebook link?

    http://openwaterswimming.eu - Cold, wind, waves, sunburn, currents, jellyfish and flotsam! Hop in and join the fun!

  • JBirrrdJBirrrd Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Can't say I gave your announcement much more thought than a quick "nutter" before heading into the pool this morning. But apparently I'm pretty gullible today. You are the second forum member to get me. The other one was good, very good DB.
  • sharkbaitzasharkbaitza LondonMember
    Niek said:

    Facebook link?

    just my normal facebook...

    JBirrrd said:

    Can't say I gave your announcement much more thought than a quick "nutter" before heading into the pool this morning. But apparently I'm pretty gullible today. You are the second forum member to get me. The other one was good, very good DB.

    well, now you just have to share...
  • JBirrrdJBirrrd Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    What? And spoil everyone else's fun?
    I'm sure it will come out soon enough.
  • evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    JBirrrd said:

    What? And spoil everyone else's fun?
    I'm sure it will come out soon enough.

    It was a good one.

    http://loneswimmer.com/2014/04/01/diana-nyad-to-confess-all-on-oprah/
  • timsroottimsroot Charter Member
    evmo said:

    It was a good one.

    but, the bottom of the picture linked in the post even says...

Sign In or Register to comment.