Crew and Observer Requests

evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
edited July 2014 in Resources
Use this thread to put out requests for support crew or swim observers.

For the English Channel, your best bet is probably the Channel Swimmers chat group.
For the Catalina or Santa Barbara Channels, your best bet is probably the network maintained by Neil and Grace van der Byl.

For other swims in various parts of the world, we hope this will be a useful resource.

Oh, and we're charging a $50 fee for every fulfilled request.

Just kidding, @firebah
Helbeloneswimmer

Comments

• evmoevmo San FranciscoAdmin
    edited March 2015

Pretty soon it will be spring in the northern hemisphere (except on the US East Coast, where winter will continue til at least July -- kidding!), and people are starting to firm up their summer swim plans.

If you are in need of an observer or crew member, here is a thread dedicated to that purpose.

• tortugatortuga Senior Member

This thread is cracking me up for some reason. Please let us know if you find your demographic.

What reason is that?

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

Happy to assist as crew for Loch Ness swims if required.

phodgeszohossthomas
  • msathletemsathlete Victoria, British Colubia, CanadaGuest

Crew members for swimmerslastlonger.com (a 105km unassisted solo lake swim) would be greatly appreciated. The lake is on Vancouver Island, Canada.

• ZoeSadlerZoeSadler Charter Member

For those of you on Facebook, there is a friendly group called "Dover Channel Training". It has lots of local swimmers based in Dover and the South East of England, as well as EC solo and relay aspirants. Swimmers can, and do, ask for assistance with finding crew on the group.

The group admins are pretty decent too!

evmophodgeszoho
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member
    edited May 2015

Greetings! Boston area folk--my relay team and I are seeking a pilot for the Boston Light Swim. If you or someone you know would be able to help us on 8/15/15, can you please message me? THANKS! P.S. We're a fun foursome, if that's any help! :)

For observer requests, we now have a dedicated solution:

http://marathonswimmers.org/observers

SpacemanspiffJenAdpm50Theo
  • IronMikeIronMike BostonCharter Member

hahaha...I'm waiting patiently for the flood of requests for an observer in Central Asia!

Seriously, though, nice list.

dpm50evmoHelbeJenAj9swim

Please join the Lake Issyk Kul Swimming Federation on FB!

• ttriventtriven Senior Member

My usual paddler and my semi-usual paddler are not available for Santa Barbara 6 mile. Jane says the race is on, and that renting a kayak is easier this year. I am happy to pay someone to paddle for me on July 5th in Santa Barbara. Come on, it'll be fun. Send me a message if you are interested.

Alex_Arevalo
  • FilFil Derby, VTCharter Member

We in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont are hot in the hunt for kayakers and boat crew for Kingdom Swim, July 29th, 2017 and In Search of Memphre, September 11, 2017. We pay a stipend to help cover expenses and offer free room and meals. We are also anticipating need in our swim week, 8 Lakes in 9 days August 12-20, 2017. www.kingdomgames.co for more info or contact me at phw1948@gmail.com

rosemarymintevmoKNicholasAlex_ArevaloMaryStella
  • Looking for a Kayaker for swim around Lido Key Florida 4/22/17 - 7 miles. TY!