Question for the girls about 'the girls'

edited August 12 in General Discussion
Ladies- when i do long swims in salt water the little sea lice get stuck in my bathing suit and eat away at the 'girls' . I have insanely itching welts, any prevention tips...besides swimming topless:)

Comments

• The 'boys' suffer as well. I've tried everything from dowsing myself with alcohol to vinegar with no success. The on,y relief I've been able to find has been Benadryl, but by then it's too late. I'll keep my eyes peeled on this thread to see if anyone has developed a magic elixir.
  • Vaseline before (or anything that works as a protective barrier), and hydrocortisone cream after (for the itching).
  • Would vaseline or other grease work as a protective barrier against jellyfish stings?
  • edited August 14
    Jellyfish stings happen when nematocysts encounter chemicals on the skin, which trigger the barbs to "fire".

If the cells don't make it to the skin, there is no reaction, and therefore no sting. Apparently, even wearing pantyhose can be protective (I've never tried it though.)

I am thinking some Vaseline/grease gets absorbed into the skin, but "enough" Vaseline/grease should be protective.
  • Not a girl, nor do I have any relation with this product and I don't know if it works. However I have ordered some bottles for future use. The last time I was in Cozumel I became familiar with sea lice, no fun. http://www.buysafesea.com/
  • thanks! i will give this a try!