Wish List

Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I'm starting this as a way for people to post any of their "bright" ideas for open water gear and (hopefully) letting various companies (Hello, Blue Seventy...) know what the community wants so that they can meet the need and profit. Here's my biggest wish:

Optical goggles (I can't wear contacts) with the following:
Silicone gaskets & straps in purple, my favorite color.
polycarbonate UV blocking lenses
anti-fog
polarized
yellow-ish blu-blocker tint for sharper vision.

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Goggles with wifi link to a nav system which puts an arrow on the inside of my goggles (aka heads up display). Every time I go off course the arrow points the direction I should be going. Bottom line: I keep the arrow pointing to 12 o'clock. Sighting problems solved!

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member
    I need some kind of anti-flare to tell the CG heli I am NOT lost.

loneswimmer.com

• bobswimsbobswims Santa Barbara CACharter Member
    A tracheal feeding tube that I can put in place at the start of every swim. This should both shorten feeding times, and avoid the need for cups, bottles, ropes and dog leashes.[img][/img]
  • GordsGords Syracuse, UTCharter Member
    Ha! If the feeding tube cap somehow flipped open, you wouldn't know you've got seawater going right into your stomach until your bloated. Blah! :)
  • JanetJanet New York, NYMember
    My wish should be simple to grant--I want unlined swim suits, without all the bells and whistles (and price) of racing swimwear.
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    I want a swim cap that doesn't rip out my hair at the base of my skull after long swims, so that my hair stylist can quit asking me if I cut my hair on my own between professional visits.
  • nvr2latenvr2late Central VirginiaCharter Member
    @ssthomas - I have experienced the same problem with hair loss and the solution is the Lycra swim cap - I order them from Swim Outlet and I get the TYR brand. I order several - they tend to last about as long as a swim suit - but they really help prevent hair loss. Even my silicone caps were pulling my hair out. Now, your hair will get wet, and I use a thick silicone cap in cold water, as this one will not prevent heat loss. But, try one, I hope it will work for you!
  • heartheart San Francisco, CACharter Member
    A convenient and comfortable belt-like thing with pockets for gels. And, a bikini (not board shorts) with a zippable, waterproof back pocket that can fit a set of keys. Also, gel packets that have a gel in the top half and water in the bottom half.
  • WaterGirlWaterGirl Scottsdale, AZCharter Member
    And, a bikini (not board shorts) with a zippable, waterproof back pocket that can fit a set of keys
    I went to the hardware store and had them make me a non-chip version of my key. It only works to open the doors; it won't turn the ignition. I clip that key to the back of my bikini top with a small d-clip. I leave the real key in the car. Works great.
  • BillBill Member
    I'll take a real one size fits all swim cap that can be provided at races. That way mine doesn't "accidentally" fall off my freakishly large head in the first 100m of every race.
  • ColmBreathnachColmBreathnach Charter Member
    ssthomas wrote:
    I want a swim cap that doesn't rip out my hair at the base of my skull after long swims, so that my hair stylist can quit asking me if I cut my hair on my own between professional visits.

Have you tried wearing a bubble cap? By far the most comfortable type of swim hat. They're not tight, therefore let in a bit of water, so aren't as warm as you might think, but they don't move, don't give you a headache, and don't ride up at the back. They tend to be oversized, presumably to compensate for those with lots of hair, not a problem for me, so I go for small or medium sizes.

A special drink or gel that, when you eat it, makes your insides warm for an hour.

A special swim parka that wraps around you by itself if your hands are claw-like from cold.

A USB-shaped slot in your head where you can upload MP3s.

Periscope-goggles (eliminating the need to sight).

• jenschumacherjenschumacher Los Angeles, CAMember
    A *small* waterproof watch with GPS, splits, water temperature, and stroke rate, displaying only ONE of these per mode, and with night display. Made like an Apple (simple and intuitive). Perhaps Tim Cook is a swimmer?
    HypoCap(TM): A silicone cap that changes colors from orange to purple when it detects that body temperature is beneath a certain minimum and the person might be getting hypothermic.