Chloë McCardel completes 3-way English Channel

loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member
edited June 2016 in Cheering Section

And bringing her number of EC crossings to 14? (So far, and 6 of those this year).
Unofficial time 36 hrs 12 mins. On what I think is her third, fourth attempt?

I think that makes Chloe the 4th person to complete a 3-way after Jon Erikson, Phil Rush and Ali Streeter.

Her pilot the legend that is Reg Brickell and his brother Ray, on Viking Princess, crewed solely by husband @paulm

Congrats @chloemccardeldotcom!

loneswimmer.com

evmoViveBeneSharkorosemarymintdpm50gregocHelbeslknightklassmanKellieIronMikeGrant_WentworthJenAlakesprayChrisgreeneSpacemanspiffsuziedods

Comments

• It's hard to compass mentally the effort, preparation, and keep-on-goingness required for this swim.
    Much respect!

rosemarymintdpm50
  • SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest

Two fins up!!! and congratulations...Reg and Raymond are the best !!!

dpm50

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

• dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Amazing! Even one crossing is on the way outer horizon of my daydreams--THREE is INTENSE!

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

Tracking this swim was arduous so actually swimming it is incomprehensible. Way to go Chloe!

evmosuziedods
  • david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member

Mind boggling, amazing tenacious!

evmosuziedods

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• klassmanklassman VirginiaMember

I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to get my head around what she has accomplished. Strangely, I think that if I spend more time around these forums with all of you I'll start to get a sense of how overwhelmingly amazing this feat is. What a milestone of achievement. Wow.

• wow. 4th person ever and 25yrs since the last person the local papers in australia are saying this morning.

• pavlicovpavlicov NYC USASenior Member

Congratutions Chloe! This is an amazing achievement!

• Wow. Just. Wow.

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average.

• JimBoucherJimBoucher Senior Member

Like so many others I find this achievement so amazing. The idea of turning round after one never mind two swims is beyond my mindset.

And yet, for all the excitement about her cumulative total of swims, someone has 43 crossings to her name.

I swam a couple of support swim hours yesterday in the EC. Despite my experience I thought it was damned cold (17.5C) and was more than happy to get out after each hour.

These titans of our sport are superhuman. And yet so normal to talk to.

But, above all those, the guy who sits on Viking Princess for 36 hours.... @loneswimmer surely you have an award for him!

evmoloneswimmersuziedodsJenA
  • Would be really fascinating to see the logs etc...

JenA