marathonswimmers.org went "public" on Mon Mar 12th 10.30am GMT

loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member
edited March 2015 in Admin Communications
I posted the announcement on my blog, Twitter and emailed the CS&PF Channel Chat group. Evan will follow up later. Everyone/anyone should feel free to share the info.

We're on Twitter at http://twitter.com/marathon_swimrs

loneswimmer.com

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    It is on my FB and will be on my blog later this evening, Moscow-time.

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• Kate_AlexanderKate_Alexander Spring Lake, MichiganSenior Member
    Wonderful, wonderful! Looking forward to discussions on this forum. Thanks, Evan!
  • caburkecaburke Charter Member
    Congratulations and best of luck with the new site.
  • I have put it on our Big Blue page on facebook. Great idea for a forum.
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2021
    Thanks to everyone who signed up on Day 1 of the Marathon Swimmers Forum. We may be a tiny community, but we're an enthusiastic one! When Donal and I decided to launch this, we agreed that the only "metrics" that matter are (1) breadth of participation and (2) usefulness to the global community of marathon swimmers. I can't speak for Donal, but I'm happy with what's happened here in the past 20 hours - on both counts.

Onward to Day 2!
    DanSimonelli
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2015
    Almost forgot -- today (March 12) is the third anniversary of the Forum's launch.

Thanks to all who have helped make this such a vibrant community in the open water swimming world. It's been very rewarding to watch it grow.

Cheers.
    loneswimmerFrancopaulmmalinakaDanSimonelliemkhowleyAnthonyMcCarleygregocIronMikeKellieHelbedavid_barralakespraySwimmersuz
  • emkhowleyemkhowley Boston, MACharter Member
    Time flies when you're having fun! Well done @evmo and @loneswimmer for creating this space and inviting us to join you!
    evmoAnthonyMcCarleygregocloneswimmer

Stop me if you've heard this one...
    A grasshopper walks into a bar...
    https://elainekhowley.com/

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2017

Thanks everyone for keeping the conversation going these past 5 years.

In an era when old-school independent discussion boards are dying off in droves due to Giant Social Media Corporations, we're still here, and we're still kicking (and swimming).

Some interesting new projects in the pipeline here at MSF, and you'll always hear it here first.

AnthonyMcCarleydc_in_sfthelittlemerwookieDanSimonellicurlyKarl_KingeryIronMikeloneswimmerrosemarymintbluemermaid9timsrootsuziedodsMoCossthomasrlmTheoLeonard_JansenJacquephodgeszohorxleakemJellyfishwhispererdpm50lakesprayMpol
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2018

A slightly belated "happy anniversary" to our fellow Forum members - all 2,050 of you.

6 years!

Given that the Forum will never influence or benefit from a political election anywhere, ever, we (ahem) hope you will continue to find in this space a positive and intentionally topic-specific alternative to corporate social media.

Thank you for being here!

KarenTdpm50kejoycerosemarymintSwimmersuzthelittlemerwookiewendyv34phodgeszohocurlySoloStephenmolly1205SpacemanspiffgregocrlmCamilleMpolbluemermaid9pavlicovswimrn62
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Thank you for this forum. I'm still in the sub ten mIle class of swimmers--much to learn! And this site offers a chance to do just that!

SoloSarah4140
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

As part of a series of new developments in the MSF project, I'm happy to welcome @thelittlemerwookie to the Forum admin team.

Thank you, Caroline!

JaimiethelittlemerwookieJSwimslknightcurlyrosemarymintIronMikeswimrn62
  • Thanks, @evmo! I'm happy to be able to help out around here!

JSwimFrancoStephenevmoKatieBuncurlyrosemarymintswimrn62
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2021

Happy birthday to the Marathon Swimmers Forum! We launched 9 years ago today. 29,520 posts and 1,783 discussion threads later -- thanks to everyone for the conversations and ongoing support.

dc_in_sfBogdanZKatieBunOpenh2oMLambyKate_AlexanderswimfreeordieJSwimCopelj26akswimAnthonyMcCarleykejoyceSolocurlyswimrn62LakeBaggerrlmStephenSwimmersuzthelittlemerwookiecelsarbo5phodgeszohoIronMikeCathyInCASullyKarenT
  • Kate_AlexanderKate_Alexander Spring Lake, MichiganSenior Member

Thank you @evmo and founding members for all of your work on the federation, the rules and this forum!

AnthonyMcCarleySoloevmo
  • Congratulations @evmo :)

evmo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

Thanks - and it's important to mention Donal @loneswimmer, a co-equal founder, and especially all the Charter Members who signed up that first month and generated the initial momentum. Without them this project would have been dead within a year.

AnthonyMcCarleyswimfreeordieSoloJSwimLakeBaggerrlmOpenh2oSwimmersuzthelittlemerwookieKate_Alexanderkejoycecelsarbo5phodgeszohoIronMikeCathyInCASully
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

The Marathon Swimmers Forum launched 10 years ago today!

thelittlemerwookiecurlyKatieBunwendyv34swimfreeordieAnthonyMcCarleyJSwimmiklcctMLambykejoyceLakeBaggerKate_AlexanderrlmIronMike
  • KatieBunKatieBun CornwallSenior Member

Happy anniversary, Evan! You and the MSF are a force for good in our sport and the forum is a mine of useful information and the source of much joyful celebration of achievements. Thank you for all your work.

evmothelittlemerwookieSwimmersuzAnthonyMcCarleyJSwimMLambyLakeBaggerKate_Alexanderrlm
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

Thanks for these kind words, @KatieBun. I'm so grateful you are a member of this community.

curlyMLambythelittlemerwookierlmKatieBun
  • KatieBunKatieBun CornwallSenior Member

I'm grateful to be a member of this community!

curlyMLambyevmothelittlemerwookierlm
  • curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member

@KatieBun said:
    I'm grateful to be a member of this community!

Hey! Me too! :)

KatieBunMLambyevmothelittlemerwookierlm