CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - 2015 Solo Swim of the Year
It's that time again! We're pleased to announce the Fourth Annual Global Marathon Swimming Awards, the only peer-nominated, peer-voted awards for the sport of marathon swimming.
Please submit your nominations for Solo Swim of the Year, by commenting on this thread. To submit a private nomination, please contact us.
This award is intended to honor the single most outstanding marathon swim in 2015 -- one by a female, and one by a male.
Finalists will be selected on the basis of community support, as measured by "Likes." So, if you agree with a nomination and want to "second" it, click the "Like" button on that nomination. Nominations will remain open for approximately three weeks.
Previous years' finalists for Solo Swim of the Year (winners indicated in bold):
2012 - female
- Annaleise Carr (Canada). Lake Ontario crossing.
- Chloe McCardel (Australia). English Channel two-way.
- Tina Neill (USA). San Clemente Island to California mainland.
2012 - male
- Trent Grimsey (Australia). New English Channel record.
- Craig Lenning (USA). Tsugaru Strait crossing.
- Bill Shipp (USA). Lake Memphremagog crossing.
2013 - female
- Michelle Macy (USA). North Channel record.
- Sarah Thomas (USA). Two-way Lake Memphremagog.
- Wendy Trehiou (Jersey). Two-way English Channel.
2013 - male
- Fergal Somerville (Ireland). Oldest to complete North Channel.
- Ned Denison (Ireland / USA). False Bay crossing.
- Sylvain Estadieu (France). English Channel butterfly.
2014 - female
- Chloё McCardel
- Charlotte Samuels
- Susan Simmons
2014 - male
- Bob Fernald
- Craig Lenning
- Otto Thaning