Post Exertion Guilty Pleasures

Time to 'fess up...

After a long, hard workout (or race), what sort of guilty pleasures do you like to reward yourself with?

My confession:
1) I like to buy a package of TastyKake Mini Koffee Kake Cupcakes: tastykake.com/minis
2) Put on one of the "Transformer" movies (They are crappy movies, but for some reason, the transformation CGI is mesmerizing to me.)
3) If I eventually need a nap, I grab Dolby (one of my cats) and snuggle with him while he purrs me to sleep.

It's the little things, after all...

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde

KatieBundpm50suziedods

Comments

• KatieBunKatieBun CornwallSenior Member

Ooh, what a lovely thing to think about, Leonard, and an ideal time to ask this question.

After 2 hard pool sessions, today, I've succumbed to pork scratchings and a Champagne cocktail.... whilst watching something which requires no thought whatsoever. This will be followed by a bubble bath, with my Kindle and a cuppa. Bliss! :D

dpm50suziedods
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Wine and cheese, sometimes a favorite TV show. Or lately these dangerous confections....

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1692

SoloKatieBun
  • SoloSolo B.C. CanadaSenior Member

I like to 'rehydrate' with Coca Cola. You just never know what people have in their water bottles!

dpm50KatieBunsuziedods
  • j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

after a big swim in NY i love this bread with parmesan chunks baked in it from grand daisy bakery. its this tiny little place and the staff would always ask me what i had swam as they knew that was my treat and would always cut me a big slice. and if i make the bridge at stage 1 this year i'm going in for a big slice!!!!!

KatieBundpm50SolothelittlemerwookieMaryStella
  • flystormsflystorms Memphis, TNSenior Member

Mmm... my cousin comes with me to most of my races in the tropics. She's gotten to the point where, when I get out of the water, she hugs me, then hands me a diet Coke and a Painkiller - the kind that originated in Jost van Dyke, BVI!

SoloKatieBun
  • If I only have time for a snack its a peanut butter and jam sandwich or two, if no time, a snickers bar.

• phodgeszohophodgeszoho UKSenior Member

Terrible confession... Driving back to the hotel after my Loch Lomond swim I was by my myself and desperately hungry. I could not be bothered to go shopping so I succumbed to McDonalds drive through. Apart from one relapse at Cork Distance week the year before it was the first time I had eaten it in about 10+ years. Now after completing a marathon swim I always get cravings for a Quarter Pounder and Filet O Fish. :-/

SoloKatieBunthelittlemerwookiedpm50Camille
  • wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

A four cheese pizza from "The Rock" or a ginormous veggie burrito. After that, if I have the feeling that my body is still hungry but my stomach is full, I have some chocolate too.

thelittlemerwookiedpm50

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• gtswimgtswim PennsylvaniaMember

After weekend workouts I stop at WaWa for two diet Cokes. I get one 44oz without ice to drink at home and one 32oz with ice to drink on the way home.

The group I swim with will go to Five Guys after the annual 12 Days of Christmas workout and 100x100 workout. It's also become a tradition of sorts (only the last two years) to stop at Five Guys after the Steelman 5k swim.

dpm50thelittlemerwookieIronMikeJustSwim
  • I am so glad I am not the only one who looks forward to a post race nap!

I love a great burger, or pancakes! It depends on when the meet or swim is over- but there has been more than one stop at IHop for post race pancakes!

After that I can't wait to get home and put on some sort of mind numbing TV (ancient aliens is a perennial favorite) and take a snooze I-)

When I wake up- its wine o'clock!

IronMike
  • MoCoMoCo Worcester, MASenior Member

nap under the electric blanket (even if I'm not cold, the heat really feels good)

KatieBun
  • JustSwimJustSwim Senior Member

A shot of tequila and a beer.

KatieBunIronMikesuziedods
  • In and Out Burger..
    Any burger..
    COKE , regular coke , none of this diet crap.
    Strawberry Odwalla..
    After Salt Lake Swim.. Thai food, the coconut soup did wonders for my mouth.

flystorms
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

suziedods said:
    In and Out Burger..

...monster style!

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• amkonetamkonet Columbus, Ohio, USAMember

A soft serve vanilla ice cream cone! It's THE thing I crave after almost any endurance feat.

flystorms
  • There is a KFC a couple of 100 metres back from Swimmer's Beach in Dover. My girlfriend more than once has had a greasy 3 pieces, fries, and milkshake ready for me straight after a 6 hour. Sheer bliss!