MIMS - Mercer Island Marathon Swim - Friday June 8, 2018 by NOWSA

After a successful "test" swim last summer, the Northwest Open Water Swimming Association is again hosting "MIMS" (Mercer Island Marathon Swim) on Friday, June 8.

Mercer Island sits in Lake Washington just outside Seattle. Distance around = 20k, no current, temperature hopefully in the mid-60s, conditions almost always predictable, and on a sunny day, the scenery is spectactular.

Registration (application process) opens Monday, January 15. First-come, first-serve. We'll take approx. 24 applications and then select 12 swimmers by the end of February. Price is $700 for a solo spot (includes support boat). Inquire if you wish to swim with a relay team.

Additional details about the event, are available an our website, which is where the registration link will be posted tomorrow morning at approx 6 am PST.

Feel free to post questions here, or contact me via email: racedirector 'at' northwestopenwater.org.

Thanks for the interest. Looking forward to seeing you in June!!

• I've been waiting for this one to be open all winter! Very exited to throw my hat into the ring!

• MikeHMikeH Member

I'm ready to crew again, Liz, if you need some help :)

• Registration for 2018 is closed. Selection process is wrapping up and swimmers will be notified soon.

If you're interested in swimming next year, let us know. If you really want to swim this year, consider a solo swim.

• ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

Excited to be in! Really looking forward to it, I've heard great things from friends who swam last year. Who else is in? So far I know Suzie and Cindy....

• cwerhanecwerhane Member
    edited February 9

Chrisgreene said: Who else is in? So far I know Suzie and Cindy....

Yes, I’m very excited and proud to be accepted. My local swim buddy Rijl Barber is also swimming and fellow Oregonian Shannon Keegan!

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

I'm in! I hope we have a beautiful day like last year. Looking forward to swimming with all of you!

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.