Chicago area marathon swimmers roll call!

Seeing who is in the Chicago area. I am planning to do some longer stuff and looking for training partners to swim Promontory and off Ladder 1 with Steve this summer. Let me know if you are out there!

Copelj26

Comments

• abbygirlroseabbygirlrose Los Angeles and Palo Alto, CASenior Member

I'll be moving to Chicago from SoCal in August for a masters program at the University of Chicago and would love to discover Chicago open water swimming!

Copelj26
  • I am a "suburbanite" but would welcome a chance to get in the water for some swims.

Copelj26
  • ChickenOSeaChickenOSea Charter Member

abbygirlrose said:
    I'll be moving to Chicago from SoCal in August for a masters program at the University of Chicago and would love to discover Chicago open water swimming!

Abbygirlrose, I’m in Hyde Park and will gladly show you the best place in the world to swim: Promontory Point.
    Give me a holler when you’re here.
    Amanda

evmoabbygirlroserlmCopelj26
  • Copelj26Copelj26 ChicagoSenior Member

I like @Camille am a suburbanite. It takes a lot to convince me of the inconvenience of driving to the city and the cost of parking but I do swim at near North suburb beaches and occasionally can be convinced to make a trip downtown

Camille
  • Copelj26Copelj26 ChicagoSenior Member

@abbygirlrose which masters program? My wife did her master of arts there, it is actually what brought us back to the US from Europe

• abbygirlroseabbygirlrose Los Angeles and Palo Alto, CASenior Member

The Masters Program in the Social Sciences (MAPSS) - studying psychology.

Copelj26