Kapas Marang Swimathon (Malaysia)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Open Water Swim Calendars.

Comments

• swimpapaswimswimpapaswim BangkokMember

I plan on swimming Kapas Marang Swimathon in March/April 2019. The swim is centered on Trengannu in Malaya. I Need any and all help and encouragement I can get. I will be 76 and it is my first venture in Marathon Swimming.

wendyv34IronMikeswimrn62SoloEugeneSydneD
  • JaimieJaimie NYCMem​ber

Good luck @swimpapaswim - just googled and Pulau Kapas looks amazing! What a beautiful swim! Happy training - this forum is a great resource and you can find a lot from searching previous threads but please do post any specific questions you have!

Solo
  • glennglenn cape town SAMember

tried to goggle the event and it tells me "your location (south Africa)" has been blacklisted :) :)

classic

• DeanDean Boambee East AustraliaMember

Hi, Are you still planning on doing the Kapas Swim? I have done it a few times and have a fair bit of info.

Let me know.

Dean

• miklcctmiklcct London, United KingdomMem​ber

This seems to be appropriate distance for my current stage of training, but it will be a hot water race!

• DeanDean Boambee East AustraliaMember

Water is warm, but havent found it too hot.

I typed up a spiel on this swim a few years ago when I was trying to convince some friends to come do it from Australia which they subsequently did. It is here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IofbuJgHCdIqNUH_V_eL2bkBvnYHyVmOpRNZt1uxaqk/edit?usp=sharing

It is a few years old but might help.

Dean