MSF swim caps - new color

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

We're now offering MSF swim caps (hats) in two colors: bright yellow and metallic gold.

Order at https://marathonswimmers.org/store

Tagged:
dpm50

Comments

• j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

OMG they are 'Designed to provide protection from damaging chlorine and increased speed.' Is this the secret to swimming fast that i've been missing all these years? If i had only worn one for stages 3 and 4 I might have beat the tide. But you know i love the drama of an epic battle at the end...i guess i don't really want one :)

suziedodsdpm50evmoSydneDMvG
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

My cap came today, just in time for tomorrow's 3 hr swim practice! You know I'd better hold my form and dig deep! Metallic gold means you can't blend into the crowd! I look forward to wearing this cap proudly! Thanks, @evmo !

evmo
  • SydneDSydneD Senior Member

Love my new caps!
    My next request? Sweatshirts! Because I'm one of those always cold kinda swimmers.

IronMikedpm50

OMG! You didn't tell me those caps were magic! Wore the cap yesterday and did my longest swim this year (not by the standards of more experienced marathon swimmers, but I'm still moving into this distance swimming....),10 thousand meters. Then wore the cap today, did a short 2200m swim practice, a bit of running/walking/yoga.... and another 2000m open water. (I didn't wear the cap for land stuff. Maybe it would have led to a longer run....) ;)

7/22: Great South Bay SwI'm
    9/2 Valley Forge Marathon Swim This time, I want to finish all 8 miles. Made it to 7 last year.

Now, if you start selling MSF swimsuits, I'm in! If just the cap did what it did, imagine if I added a suit w your logo. I could be dangerous!

....Maybe consider goggles. ....
    :)

dpm50 said:
    My cap came today, just in time for tomorrow's 3 hr swim practice! You know I'd better hold my form and dig deep! Metallic gold means you can't blend into the crowd! I look forward to wearing this cap proudly! Thanks, @evmo !

SoloNoelFigartIronMikeSydneD
  • ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

Wore mine for the first time today during my first swim in Aquatic Park; it was majical!

dpm50NoelFigartJaimie
  • bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

Bright yellow rocks!

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited July 2022

The lineup of MSF silicone swim caps had expanded to a third color - dark blue with white print. Not advised for open water (visibility) but great for pool swimming.

To purchase, head to the MSF Store.

IronMikeCopelj26MaryStelladpm50Jaimie
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited August 2022

I have a limited number of a special 10th Anniversary Platinum Edition MSF silicone caps.

You can purchase them here: https://buy.stripe.com/28odUu413aa25Xy5kl SOLD OUT

Once these are gone, they're gone.

kejoyceIronMikepavlicov
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

@evmo said:
    I have a limited number of a special 10th Anniversary Platinum Edition MSF silicone caps.

Once these are gone, they're gone.

Come to daddy!

evmorlmdpm50

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• heartheart San Francisco, CACharter Member

You guys, I swam in the Los Angeles Athletic Club pool wearing the gold MSF cap and got a lot of respect and questions. It was fun!

evmodpm50MLamby
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

@heart said:
    You guys, I swam in the Los Angeles Athletic Club pool wearing the gold MSF cap and got a lot of respect and questions. It was fun!

As the self-designated "MSF Ambassador" I wear my caps (gold, yellow, silver, blue...gave the pink one to my daughter) and t-shirts everywhere. Routinely get asked the same question: What makes something a marathon swim? When I was overseas, on a couple of occasions I got the question: Are you a doctor? #LanguageLesson

evmoKatieBunMLambydpm50

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• kejoycekejoyce New EnglandSenior Member

This may being in the "perils of lap swim" thread, but I took my MSF cap to the pool the other day and it did not approve of being indoors...

...I have since ordered my silver cap.

JSwim

Got the silver cap! Envy of my masters group! Good stuff

IronMike
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited November 2022

I'm doing a LIMITED run of two Special Edition MSF cap colors: PINK and ORANGE! To reserve yours, head on over to the MSF Store at https://marathonswimmers.org/store

Order deadline is next Sunday, November 20th. After that, no guarantees - when they're gone, they're gone.

KatieBun
  • sarahcassidysarahcassidy Las Vegas, NVMember

Ooh! Bought the pink, orange, AND dark blue (for the pool only of course). I already have the yellow cap. Please bring back the platinum!

Future requests: Vintage MSF tee (the soft kind) and MSF hoodies. May I recommend Bonfire.com for these products? I've designed and sold swag through Bonfire on behalf of a nonprofit organization, and I've been pleased with Bonfire. I can help if you'd like.

Nonetheless, please keep the MSF swag coming! Thank you for your time and work, Evan.

evmoIronMikerlmthelittlemerwookie