Rottnest Channel Swim 2019

Registrations for Rotto solos open Monday. Who is in?

Comments

• BogdanZBogdanZ Bucharest, RomaniaSenior Member

Hi everyone. I am thinking to register for the Rottnest 2019.
    I see there a lot of you here finishing the event and have read many posts that the real battle is finding a crew.

Given many have already finished, there are maybe contacts/ recommendations available and maybe this war on finding crew is less painfull now, i have the expected :) few questions: 1. could you please provide me the contacts of your skippers, that you would recommend? 2. for nutrition, if on budget constraints, I don't get a kayaker, how will the feeding be made?

Many thanks, Bogdan

• Hi Bogdan,

I will be swimming my second crossing in 2019. I have a friend skippering this time, but last time I found my boat by calling around the boat / fishing charter companies in Perth. I will PM you with his details. The Rottnest Channel website also has a forum where you can post request for crew.

Regarding nutrition, at the very least, you are going to need a decky who can keep an eye on you and throw you your drinks. Skipper won't be able to do this. I'd strongly suggest finding a paddler.

LynneJustSwim
  • BogdanZBogdanZ Bucharest, RomaniaSenior Member

Hi Sean. I think i found my skipper and paddler. They both seem serious persons and the skipper provided me with his details needed for registration, therefore on Monday i hope i won't have any issues registering. Nevertheless if i face issues with my skipper's details during registration (hope not) your contact will be " (my) precious". I will go in RCSA event in February and i hope to meet you there. Warm regards from starting to get cold Romania :)

JustSwim
  • Great news Bogdan. I am travelling from Switzerland so I fully appreciate the pain of training indoors for this! Good luck with your training!

BogdanZ