False Bay attempt this Christmas

owenswims93owenswims93 Fermoy, IrelandSenior Member
edited December 2012 in Cheering Section
Hi Guys,

Many of you may know that the infamous 35 km False Bay, South Africa has only been successfully crossed four times. In the next two weeks, Ned Denison (Cork, Ireland) will attempt to become the fifth person ever to complete this monster swim that strikes fear into the hearts of even the most hardy swimmers. More details and updates on Ned's attempt will be posted here as things unfold...

Happy Christmas,
Owen.

http://fermoyfish.com – Owen O'Keefe (Fermoy, Ireland)

Comments

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    Wow! Go Ned!
  • FilFil Derby, VTCharter Member
    Hope he can find the right weather. And, Ned, please don't cut yourself shaving before the swim.
  • NedNed Charter Member
    Ned here.....the winds have picked up so the swim will be delayed (and hoping they die down before I leave on 7th.

I was in False Bay the last 2 days "tasting the waters"....and trying to get all the shark scare out of me...
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Good luck Ned!

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member
    Should Ned swim (fingers crossed), @owenswims93 has talked him finally into using the Sandycove SPOT tracker. We bough the tracker this year and it immediately became Owen's for private use so we'd be gald to see Ned use it. Ned's last description of SPOT trackers previously to me were Tools of Satan.

bit.ly/TrackSwim

loneswimmer.com

• Good luck to you Ned! I hope all the kindness you show to us greenhorns returns to you in the power of each one of your strokes. This would make you very successful. Keep us posted.

Sisu: a Finnish term meaning strength of will, determination, perseverance, and acting rationally in the face of adversity.

• owenswims93owenswims93 Fermoy, IrelandSenior Member
    Ned is "99% sure" that he will get to start tomorrow morning. Read his full Update from Cape Town! Unfortunately, the SPOT tracker doesn't seem to be working so social media is probably the best bet of following what's going on...

http://fermoyfish.com – Owen O'Keefe (Fermoy, Ireland)