MSF Documented Swim
Round Trip Angel Island
10 miles (16 km)
30 August 2013
6 hours, 10 minutes
Observed & Documented by Evan Morrison
- Name: Cathy Delneo
- Age on swim date: 37
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: San Francisco, California, USA
- Paul Saab - pilot of SERC inflatable Big Red
- Evan Morrison - crew / documenter
Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
Rules: Equivalent to standard MSF Rules for unassisted swims (though MSF Rules did not yet exist in 2013).
Start @ SERC/Dolphin beach in Aquatic Park, exit through Aquatic Park opening, to west Angel Island, clockwise around Angel Island, return to SERC/Dolphin beach via Aquatic Park opening.
- Route Distance: 10.0 statute miles (16.1 km)
- Route Type: island loop
- Start & Finish Location: Beach between South End Rowing Club and Dolphin Club docks, Aquatic Park, San Francisco (37°48’29.3”N 122°25’17.1”W)
Route pioneered by Rick Barthels in 1995 and subsequently repeated by Tom Linthicum, Mike Tzortzis, and Henrik Meerman. Cathy is the first woman to complete the swim.
- Start: August 30, 2013, 04:10am.
- Finish: August 30, 2013, 10:20am.
- Elapsed: 6 hours, 10 minutes
Summary of Conditions
Trackpoint frequency: 5 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
NYC Swim log used, as this was a qualifying swim for the 2014 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim.
Station FTPC1 - Fort Point, San Francisco, CA