MSF Documented Swim
- Name: Craig Lenning
- Age on swim date: 36
- Nationality: US
- Resides: Denver, Colorado
- LongSwimsDB profile
Lengthwise crossing of Flathead Lake (Montana, USA) -- Somers to Polson.
Total Route Distance: 44.5 km (27.65 miles)
|Polson Bay Bridge||47.694584||-114.166124|
- Pilot: Mark Johnston
- Observer: May Spengler
- Paddler: Karl Kingery
Note: This was a simultaneous solo swim with Sarah Thomas (documented separately).
- Start: July 3, 2015, 03:43 (Mountain Daylight Time)
- Finish: July 3, 2015. 19:33
- Elapsed: 15 hours, 50 minutes
First unassisted lengthwise crossing of Flathead Lake by a male.
Summary of Conditions
- Water Temp: 70-71F at start, to 75F at end
- Air Temp: 55F at start to 95F mid-afternoon
- Wind Speed: calm at start to 10mph mid-afternoon
Speed per Trackpoint
- Valley Journal: Epic swim - Swimmers go 28 miles untouched