MSF Documented Swim
- Name: Grant Wentworth
- Age on swim date: 28
- Nationality: United States
- Escort Vessels & Pilots
- 25ft Boston Whaler Guardian, piloted by John Boreland.
- 35ft custom Scopinich, piloted by Tom Harty.
- Navigator: Ron Kramer
- Observer: Paul McQueeney
- Coach: Chloe McCardel
- Kayakers: Mark Wentworth, Matt Evans, Brian Ebke, Scott Arcenas.
- Shark Divers: Andy Olday, Blake Knowles, Chris Jankins.
- Other Crew: Janel Jorgenson McArdle.
Crossing of Nantucket Sound from Cape Cod to Nantucket Island.
- Start: Point Gammon, Great Island, West Yarmouth (Cape Cod)
- Finish: Great Point (Nantucket)
- Certified Route Distance: 18.6 miles (29.9 km).
Second-ever swim of Nantucket Sound, after Paul Asmuth (1986). First swim in this direction (Cape Cod to Nantucket).
MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Start: July 24, 2015, 04:25:12.
- Finish: July 24, 2015. 16:26:06.
- Elapsed: 12 hours, 0 minutes, 54 seconds.
Hourly trackpoints. Download raw data (CSV).
Download PDF (5.8 MB)
Note: the official (straight-line) route distance is 18.6 miles, not 25 as stated in the video.
Click to enlarge.
Other Supporting Data
- Operations Manual (prepared by navigator Ron Kramer) - includes information on local tides and currents.
- Pre-Swim Summary Document
Selected Swim Resume
- 2014 English Channel Relay.
- 26.5k Long Pond Swim in Mount Desert, ME. 16.5k
- Nantucket Harbor Swim.
- 3x Town of Nantucket - Wauwinet 10k.
- 3x Alcatraz Swims.
- Swim Across America Boston Harbor Swim. 1.5 mile
- Bill Reeve Echo Lake Swim.
- 1-mile Swim Across America Nantucket.
- 1-mile Hudson River Swim for Life.
- 1k NYCSWIM Brooklyn Bridge Swim.