MSF Documented Swim
23.8 miles (38.3 km)
31 July 2017
15 hours, 12 minutes
Observed & Documented by Brian Page
- Name: Chris Fetcko
- Age on swim date: 41
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: North East Twp, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Jim Armstrong - pilot
- Fishin’ Magician - escort boat
- Dan Riefstal - kayaker
- Jason Pero - kayaker
- Mike Wilson - kayaker
- Michelle Moray - RN/kayaker
- Brian Page - LEOWSA Observer
- Ann Marie Howell - RN/Food Prep/kayaker
- Zach Orr - kayaker
Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
North/south crossing of Lake Erie: Long Point, Ontario, Canada to Freeport Beach, North East Twp, Pennsylvania.
- Route Distance: 23.8 statute miles (38.3 km)
- Route Type: one-way
- Start Location: Lighthouse @ Long Point (N 42° 32.843, W 80° 2.930’)
- Finish Location: Freeport Beach (N 42° 14.503’, W 79° 49.991’)
- Start: 31 July 2017, 06:54 Eastern Daylight Time.
- Finish: 31 July 2017, 22:06.
- Elapsed: 15 hours, 12 minutes.
Summary of Conditions
|Waves||2 ft||4 ft|
Every Hour, 1 large water bottle:
- 1.5 scoops Perpetuem
- 2 GU gels
- 450 mg amino acid tablets
- 55mg sodium tabs
Trackpoint frequency: 1 hour.
Click to enlarge.