Thomas Minnock - Lake Erie
Long Point, Ontario to North East Twp, Pennsylvania
38.3 km (23.8 miles)
16 hours, 44 minutes on 1 July 2018
Observed and documented by Darren Miller
Co-ratified with Lake Erie Open Water Swimming Association (LEOWSA)
Record for earliest in year.
- Support Personnel
- Swim Parameters
- Swim Data & GPS
- Observer Log
- Conditions Data
- Name: Thomas Minnock
- Gender: male
- Age on swim date: 54
- Nationality: US
- Resides: Mars, Pennsylvania
- Pilots: Capt. James Armstrong
- Kayakers: McDarragh Minnock, Ronald Schmoll, Scott McBride
- Observer: Darren Miller, John Semanchik
Escort Vessel: Fishing Magician (North East, PA)
Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Body of Water: Lake Erie
- Route Type: one-way
- Start Location: Tip of Long Point, Ontario, near lighthouse (42.547779, -80.049072)
- Finish Location: Freeport Beach, North East Twp, Pennsylvania (42.241647, -79.833181)
- Minimum Route Distance: 38.3 km (23.8 miles)
List of Lake Erie swims (LongSwimsDB)
- Start: 1 July 2018, 05:17, Eastern Daylight Time
- Finish: 1 July 2018, 22:01
- Elapsed: 16 hours, 44 minutes.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||70||77|
|Air Temp (F)||74||84|
|Wind (mph)||calm||5 WSW|
Trackpoint frequency: 30 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
CarboPro + Nuun electrolyte, every 30 min. Occasional banana, Clif Shot Blocks, turkey+cheese sandwich, chocolate chip cookie.
Click to enlarge.
- GoErie.com: 54-year-old Mars resident swims across Lake Erie
- Erie News Now: PA man completes record swim across Lake Erie from Ontario,Canada to North East, PA
Actual: NDBC Station 45167