Pat Gallant-Charette - Loch Ness
Lochend to Fort Augustus
36.2 km (22.5 miles)
13 hours, 45 minutes on 19-18 August 2018
Observed and documented by Ryan Tozer
Oldest to swim length of Loch Ness
- Name: Pat Gallant-Charette
- Gender: female
- Age on swim date: 67
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: Westbrook, Maine, USA
- Ryan Tozer - pilot and observer
- Chrisy Southgate - boat crew
- David Gallant - crew
- Walda (Jeannie) Gallant - crew
Escort Vessel: Sarau (Ballachulish)
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: standard swimsuit, goggles, latex swim cap
- Body of Water: Loch Ness
- Route Type: one-way
- Start Location: Lochend (57.4091837, -4.33239)
- Finish Location: Fort Augustus (57.1466184, -4.6752512)
- Minimum Route Distance: 36.2 km (22.5 miles)
- Start: 19 August 2018, 05:26:17 (British Standard Time, UTC+1).
- Finish: 18 August 2018, 19:12:12
- Elapsed: 13 hours, 45 minutes, 45 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (C)||16||17|
|Air Temp (C)||9||17|
Trackpoint frequency: 60 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Gatorade, water, cookies every hour
Click to enlarge.