Scott Zornig - Newport Harbor Islands
Counter-clockwise circumnavigation of the six islands of Newport Harbor - Balboa Island, Harbor Island, Linda Isle, Lido Isle, Newport Island Park, Bay Island.
13.5 km (8.4 miles)
4 hours, 8 minutes on 30 April 2019
Observed and documented by Cherie Edborg
First circumnavigation of Newport Harbor islands
- Name: Scott Zornig
- Gender: male
- Age on swim date: 59
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: San Clemente, Calif.
- Cherie Edborg - observer / kayaker
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Cap, goggles, swim suit, vaseline.
Start at China Cove Beach, counter-clockwise (CCW) around north of Balboa Island, north of Harbor Island, north and west of Linda Isle, north of Lido Isle, CCW around Newport Island Park; then return via west and south of Lido Isle, south of Bay Island, south of Balboa Island, finish at China Cove Beach.
- Body of Water: Newport Harbor
- Route Type: circumnavigation
- Start & Finish Location: China Cove Beach, Corona del Mar (33.596788, -117.879334)
- Minimum Route Distance: 13.5 km (8.4 miles)
No known previous swims of this route.
- Start: 30 April 2019, 06:11:04 (America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish: 30 April 2019, 10:19:04
- Elapsed: 4 hours, 8 minutes, 0 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||58||62|
|Air Temp (F)||57||62|
Trackpoint frequency: 30 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Hammer HEED at 1 hr and 2 hrs elapsed, then every 30 min alternating with Clif Shots