Kim Hedges - Round-Trip Angel Island
Counter-clockwise loop around Angel Island from Aquatic Park
16.1 km (10.0 miles)
7 hours, 38 minutes on 24 July 2019
Observed and documented by Lisa Amorao
- Name: Kim Hedges
- Gender: female
- Age on swim date: 41
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: San Rafael, California
- Brent McLain (SF Boat Support) - pilot
- Jenny Kline - crew / kayak 2
- Naji Ali - kayak 1 / crew
- Lisa Amorao - observer
Escort Vessel: Tango (San Francisco / Hyde St Marina)
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Swimsuit, cap, goggles.
Start @ SERC/Dolphin beach in Aquatic Park, exit through Aquatic Park opening, counter-clockwise around Angel Island, return to SERC/Dolphin beach via Aquatic Park opening.
- Body of Water: San Francisco Bay
- Route Type: island loop
- Start & Finish Location: Beach between SERC & Dolphin Club docks, Aquatic Park, San Francisco (37.808145, -122.421402)
- Minimum Route Distance: 16.1 km (10.0 miles)
LongSwimsDB: Round-Trip Angel Island
- Start: 24 July 2019, 04:35:00 (America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish: 24 July 2019, 12:13:26
- Elapsed: 7 hours, 38 minutes, 26 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||59||64|
|Air Temp (F)||56||71|
Trackpoint frequency: 10 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: After one hour, subsequently every half hour - primarily CarboPro cocktail and occasional chocolate juice.
by Lisa Amorao
Click to enlarge.