Jari Salomaa - Round-Trip Angel Island
Clockwise loop around Angel Island from Aquatic Park
16.1 km (10.0 miles)
6 hours, 41 minutes on 13 August 2020
Observed and documented by Brian Kiernan
- Name: Jari Salomaa
- Gender: male
- Age on swim date: 42
- Nationality: Finland
- Resides: San Francisco, California
- John Grunstad - pilot, videographer
- Katariina Salomaa - land support
- Brian Kiernan - observer
Escort Vessel: R.H.I.B. owned by John Grunstad (San Francisco).
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Swimsuit, silicone cap, goggles, ear plugs, watch.
Start @ Aquatic Park beach (just west of Dolphin Club), exit through Aquatic Park opening, clockwise around Angel Island, return to Aquatic Park beach via opening.
- Body of Water: San Francisco Bay
- Route Type: island loop
- Start & Finish Location: Beach between SERC & Dolphin Club docks, Aquatic Park, San Francisco (37.808145, -122.421402)
- Minimum Route Distance: 16.1 km (10.0 miles) (map).
LongSwimsDB: Round-Trip Angel Island
- Start: 13 August 2020, 05:24:05 (America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish: 13 August 2020, 12:11:06
- Elapsed: 6 hours, 41 minutes, 1 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (C)||16.4||18.6|
|Air Temp (C)||13.5||18.4|
Trackpoint frequency: 10 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: GU, bananas, granola bar, hot & cold water
Via NOAA Station FTPC1 - Fort Point, San Francisco, CA